Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Different master cylinders for different years?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PDXMike
Is there any reason this master cylinder wouldn't fit my 1975 1.8L? The ad lists it as '72 and older only. They say the have only the ATE part ($309) for the 1975.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/911-912-914...s#ht_2274wt_996

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
I don't see any reason why not except that it's a Chinese MC and they had a very high failure rate (and it's retailing higher than most others sell them for). So much so that Pelican stopped carrying them (so I was told).

I'm not a big China hater but, in this case I'd probably use ATE and get the 19mm which is much less than the 17mm.

Their quality may come up in time... but I wouldn't want to guess with brakes.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
if 914 355 012 00 (17mm) or 911 355 012 02 (19mm) it will fit the ate are expensive 012 just over 200 and the 19 just under 200 but the "euro" parts 19mm is around this part you are showing.
gothspeed
Does AA sell rebuild kits for the OE Master Cylinder?
PDXMike
Is the 19mm a direct replacement, or will I need to do other modifications?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we used to but they have been discontinued by the factory and also ate

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 25 2011, 03:21 PM) *

Does AA sell rebuild kits for the OE Master Cylinder?

Eric_Shea
Is the 19mm a direct replacement, or will I need to do other modifications?

It will be a direct replacement. Not a fun job though.

You will have a firmer pedal though. There's been a lot of debate back and forth on this and I really feel that anyone who has to change out their MC should go with a 19. As mentioned, you will have a firmer pedal. You will have to press slightly harder but, you should get use to that in an afternoon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.