Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adjusting the MPS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I need to adjust (monkee with) my MPS and was wondering if this is something that I can do or should this be farmed out. I'll need to richen mine up to meet the demands of the larger engine. I'm taking a 2.0 to 2056. I have a 1.7 MPS that tests wonderfully as well as an 043 (which looks like it suspiciously was re-stamped). If I do it, I've read that loosening the small inner screw will richen both WOT and partial load. But how would I know if it was adjusted correctly? And would I need to adjust the full load stop accordingly? Anyone in the area that would care to give me a lesson?
brant
you really need a wide band 02 sensor, or farm it out.
MrHyde
sorry to hijack... but where would one " farm out" this ?
Bleyseng
I do it when I am in Seattle which I will be in April.

If you do it yourself you need a wideband O2 setup like a LM1, a bung welded on your exhaust in the correct place and a nicely freshly tuned 2056 hopefully with a Raby cam.
orange914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 28 2011, 01:55 PM) *

don't the 1.7's have a "shorter" cap that won't allow as much adjustment?
brant
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 28 2011, 02:55 PM) *

And not only that... but good service, and quality work to boot
76-914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Feb 28 2011, 01:55 PM) *

If you do it yourself you need a wideband O2 setup like a LM1, a bung welded on your exhaust in the correct place and a nicely freshly tuned 2056 hopefully with a Raby cam.

Great. I'd love to send it to you. April works for me. And yes, I plan on the raby cam and a fresh 2056. I'll PM you. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.