Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7 guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
What do you guys like/not like for clutch/Flywheel? Going with a 2.7 the 901 Sideshift, and about to put down some $$$.

Likes? Dislikes? Horror stories?
SLITS
I use a stock 2.0L /4 setup with the early 901 flywheel. No problems on 3 engines.
Cap'n Krusty
Slits beat me to it. It's a bolton. You'll need the flywheel, the shim, the pilot bearing, and a set of new bolts

The Cap'n
john rogers
What are you planning to do with the car? If it is a street and occasional auto-x driver then you are okay with stock internals. You might need a limited slip of some sort since a 2.7 will just burn a single drive wheel right off. If you are also driving less and auto-x/DE/time trial more then a re-gear so the top 3 gears are M-S-X which will put 2nd thru 5th closer together and make the car a lot more fun to drive and faster.
Scott S
Sorry to re-up an old thread... getting ready to place an order...

Capn, Ron - do you stay with the 4 spring clutch disc or up it to the 911 6 spring disc?

Thanks!
Scott S
Dr Evil
Great bolt on engine smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jun 3 2011, 04:20 PM) *

Sorry to re-up an old thread... getting ready to place an order...

Capn, Ron - do you stay with the 4 spring clutch disc or up it to the 911 6 spring disc?

Thanks!
Scott S

I've never used the 4 spring disc. Used to be the 6 spring disc was cheaper, now it's 3 times as much. I haven't done a 914 clutch in about 10 years, BTW, so that caught me by surprise. The currently available 914 disc has 6 springs, and I suspect it's a bus disc, made in Brazil by Sachs. Your choice
SLITS
They are all 6 spring now .... supposedly smoother on takeup. Both Sachs kits I bought were six spring. I forget the kit number, but for shits and giggles ask for the early 911 2.0L kit. I can look tomorrow.

None of them are cheap .... they're made for Porsche
BKLA
I went with the lightened Patrick Motorsport flywheel with the centerforce P.Plate and clutch. (RS spec 2.7) It is a track day car (and AX once in a blue moon).

No problems so far, and I like how quick the 6 spins up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.