Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inner Long Replacement in Hell Hole
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
I have been following quite a few of the build threads related to this subject, but I am still a little confused about how this replacement panel gets attached at the front. Do you butt weld it with a sleeve? It looks as though it will "wrap" around the section running back from below the door...do you lap weld it and sleeve it? I left the section running back from the door a little long so I can trim it after I figure out how this thing goes together. Hopefully the attached pics help to explain the situation.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

two-strokejohn
Check out Jeff Hail's repairs at this http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=rust++repair then go to page 7, post 134. It appears that buttwelded it , and then puts a double reinforcement panel inside of it to strengthen the area and to provide a solid base for the seat belt anchor.
IronHillRestorations
Yes, you butt the joints flush and everything will line up better, then put a plate on the blind side. I've also put a bulkhead inside that long, up in the suspension console area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.