Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engmann fuse panel assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Hey does anyone have any pics of there fuse panel wired up correctly? Was slightly confused about a couple of the wire locations. Thanks

Matt
914itis
QUOTE(matteyp @ Mar 18 2011, 02:05 PM) *

Hey does anyone have any pics of there fuse panel wired up correctly? Was slightly confused about a couple of the wire locations. Thanks

Matt

there is really not much to it.. just follow the same sequence. pretty easy and mine included instructions

make sure you use the same screws that came out of the old one. if the screw is a bit longer, it may touch the main positive wire and burn it..

ask me hoe I know? barf.gif
matteyp
Ok here's what I didn't get. I'll try to explain. Do u skip the second contact on the side that's facing the steering column? I believe it's a yellow wire. Also the one of the contacts on the same side, I believe it would be G if your going in order has two contacts and the panel did not have two contacts for that particular one. That's why I wanted to see a couple pics just to make sure I have it all correct. Thanks

Matt
Cap'n Krusty
The number and location of the terminals is the same. Plug each wire into the terminal corresponding to the one in the old fusebox. If there's a gap, you need to have the gap on the new one.

The Cap'n
montoya 73 2.0
Also the one of the contacts on the same side, I believe it would be G if your going in order has two contacts and the panel did not have two contacts for that particular one

Go to Schucks or autozone and get yourself some of those multi plug connectors (single female to double male).

Click to view attachment

Maybe this could work for you?
SirAndy
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 18 2011, 03:47 PM) *
Go to Schucks or autozone and get yourself some of those multi plug connectors (single female to double male).

confused24.gif

If the current fusepanel has double connectors, why not just unplug those and re-use them???
popcorn[1].gif
Cap'n Krusty
A connector came in the package with the panel. Not like that one, but the "Y" type, and it works fine.

The Cap'n
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 18 2011, 01:41 PM) *
The number and location of the terminals is the same. Plug each wire into the terminal corresponding to the one in the old fusebox.

agree.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I agree with you both Andy and Cap'n.

MatteyP, Can you use the existing or included "Y" connectors?
matteyp
I was assuming the existing y connections on the panel were in there correct locations and shouldnt need to be moved. I figured out I can take them off but didn't know whether or not I should have moved them around
montoya 73 2.0
Moved them around meaning putting in a different fuse location? I used the piggyback because it's tight in there and the "Y" connector was replaced with the piggyback. I removed from the original and placed on the same fuse accordingly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.