Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who sells the rubber Grommets for the engine bulk head fuel lines?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I'm replacing the fuel lines on the Ravenna car with the Chris Foley line set. My Grommets were not salvageable for the engine bay side. Who carries them in stock or what are you guys using? I thought about using a rubber fuel or vacum hose over the stainless line...but... confused24.gif
jmill
I'd bring the beat up one to NAPA or your Flaps. Both should sell them in assorted sizes. Ace Hardware might have them too. I used to buy them there for running wires for car stereos through the firewall. I might even have a bunch left over if you don't come up with any.
silver74insocal
im pretty sure Mikey914 does , if not i know pelican does...
Eric_Shea
Robert... also makes stainless lines in the MV section.

They are the same as the brake line grommets as well (the two going through the body to the MC). I asked Pelican and they said they didn't have them.
ChrisFoley
I have firewall and engine shelf grommets
type47
Click to view attachment111.957.861
Rotary'14
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 20 2011, 01:40 PM) *

They are the same as the brake line grommets as well (the two going through the body to the MC). I asked Pelican and they said they didn't have them.

That's me! Drop me a line if ya need any fuel delivery related stuff. You can see what I offer in the link on my signature. biggrin.gif

-Robert
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 20 2011, 03:50 PM) *

I have firewall and engine shelf grommets

I already have the line kit. I thought maybe the grommets came with the short lines and I lost them or something. I didn't even think to check. Send ya an order monday. They must be on your site.
jmill
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 20 2011, 04:06 PM) *

Oooh, them are fancy ones. Thanks for the pic. Thought we were talking run of the mill grommets. My bad.
type47
These are used where the brake fluid supply lines from the reservoir go through the body to the master cylinder and where the fuel line go through the engine shelf near the battery. As you can tell from the number (111.xxx.xxx), they are a VW part and you can probably find them fairly easily from the VW vendors (cip1, bus boys, west coast metric) along with Porsche parts vendors.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
All of the usual suspects have plenty of both the bulkhead and the engine shelf grommets in stock to compliment Chris's fabulous stainless steel fuel lines.
\
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 20 2011, 12:25 PM) *

I'm replacing the fuel lines on the Ravenna car with the Chris Foley line set. My Grommets were not salvageable for the engine bay side. Who carries them in stock or what are you guys using? I thought about using a rubber fuel or vacum hose over the stainless line...but... confused24.gif

76-914
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Mar 20 2011, 02:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 20 2011, 01:40 PM) *

That's me! Drop me a line if ya need any fuel delivery related stuff. You can see what I offer in the link on my signature. biggrin.gif

-Robert

icon_bump.gif I wanted to give Robert a bump for us west coasters. I just installed his set last week. Very quick and easy install. Took 20 min's. I already had the engine and gas tank removed. Good quality and quick shipping. beerchug.gif
sww914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 21 2011, 07:10 AM) *

All of the usual suspects have plenty of both the bulkhead and the engine shelf grommets in stock to compliment Chris's fabulous stainless steel fuel lines.
\
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 20 2011, 12:25 PM) *

WTF happened to George?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.