Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torque wrench settings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biker bob
I need the torque wrench settings for the nuts that hold the heat exchangers to the heads and the bolts that hold the CV joints to the transmission drive flanges.
McMark
CV Joint - 31 ft/lbs. Make sure to use new Schnorr washers.
Exhaust Nuts - Couldn't find anything in Haynes (get one of these) nor the factory manuals. 14 ft/lbs is probably good. They don't need crazy torque.
biker bob
Thanks Mark, I have new bolts and washers. Could not find the torque settings in the Haynes. Good to go.
type47
I think I can quote Mr Raby for the figure of 18 ft lb for the HE nuts ...
detoxcowboy
the HE to cylinder head is not one you want to over torque, heat will increase the torque and if your high cold you may cause problems like a striped cylinder head threads in the studs. major pain to address properly. also anneal (soften with high heat) your copper seals prior to install and torqueing..
McMark
Thanks Mark, I have new bolts and washers. Could not find the torque settings in the Haynes. Good to go.

Yeah, learning to interpret the descriptions takes awhile. sunglasses.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Mar 29 2011, 10:02 AM) *

the HE to cylinder head is not one you want to over torque, heat will increase the torque and if your high cold you may cause problems like a striped cylinder head threads in the studs. major pain to address properly. also anneal (soften with high heat) your copper seals prior to install and torqueing..

...A loud echo on this.. idea.gif
bye1.gif 14.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.