Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side marker light assemblies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
abnrdo
Anyone have a good source for the entire side marker assembly? I specifically need buckets. When the tab broke off on my drivers side assembly the PO just screwed it to the fender. BAH! Now I ahve a hole to fix as well.
-Jim
headbang.gif

Just getting things lined up so I have plenty of work to do when I get back to the states.
AndyB
PM sent smile.gif
type47
Side marker on the .... well, side, or turn signal? "Bucket" to me sounds like turn signal/
abnrdo
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 2 2011, 06:25 AM) *

Side marker on the .... well, side, or turn signal? "Bucket" to me sounds like turn signal/

Sorry, its the side marker light. The round one!

screwy.gif Brain doesnt work well on the other side of the earth. Plus I am at 6,000 ft!
-Jim
type47
I have to install side markers too and there are 2 funny little ... "snaps" for lack of better description, that, push in the hole from inside the fender then hold the side marker base (not bucket biggrin.gif ) to the fender by expanding (???) once they are through the base. Hard to describe but I'd bet the holders-on are NLA if you could even find a part number. When I install mine, I'm gonna use some nylon/plastic bolts and nuts I bought at Home Depot that I think will do nicely.
abnrdo
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 2 2011, 12:18 PM) *

I have to install side markers too and there are 2 funny little ... "snaps" for lack of better description, that, push in the hole from inside the fender then hold the side marker base (not bucket biggrin.gif ) to the fender by expanding (???) once they are through the base. Hard to describe but I'd bet the holders-on are NLA if you could even find a part number. When I install mine, I'm gonna use some nylon/plastic bolts and nuts I bought at Home Depot that I think will do nicely.

I believe they are NLA. Anyone completed a 6 conversion and still have the side marker lights? PM me. Both mine are broken. Although, some nylong/plastic bolts and nuts might just work.

-Jim idea.gif
eg914
nylon bolts and nut do work. They have been holding one of my side markers on for several years now.
Mikey914
I used plastic pop rivets on mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.