Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lurkers & Newbies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
It's been a while since we had a lurker thread. I KNOW there are a lot of new folks and lurkers out there. Say hi, tell us about your car, show us a pic, tell us a lie....we love 'em all.

Let's hear it!
Caveman
I'm a lurker until I have another car. I had a really rusty 71 that my mechanic wouldn't even put on the lift for fear of his shop. Its been 3 years since it was totalled and I'm just trying to find another. As soon as I start having issues, I'll be posting.

Anybody know of any 73 or 74's in the CA central valley, in any condition?
dinomium
Careful hat man... Remeber I lurked around for a llllllllllooooooooooong time now just look at me!
Careful what you wish for
laugh.gif
plas76targa
I'm "lurking" and looking for a teener too. Been lurkin' for about two months now. I put a WTB thread in last week or so. Comments and leads were great. Still lookin'
Jeroen
Yeah, come on guys (and gals). Speek up!!!

cheers,

Jeroen
Gint
They're all skeert...

Show us some pics!
ein 6er
hey, i told a few 914ers at the rennsport about "the club", they said they would be stopping by. hopefully they will introduce themselves. wavey.gif
jeff
Im not sure what a lurker is but im guessing i must be one because i look at this website almost every day .Im not very good with the computer or typing so i dont say much ,I have digital cam but no idea on how to post pics , ive only ridden in one 914 years ago but remember that it felt like i could touch the ground if i just reached out of the window! Im in the middle of a bmw 2800cs project that im hot-rodding but as you all know time,money,patience,frustration and wondering what the hell your doing runs through your mind often Of course I found the deal none of us could turn down another non running
car !!A 73 914 no rust straight with two t4 engines all apart of course!Im hoping one of thhem will run before i die!
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome Jeff. Two engines? Sure ya can make one of them run. smilie_pokal.gif
jeff
Actually i traded those engines and bought a 3.2 6 so far i have the flywheel & clutch from kennedy and the dry sump tank from peterson slowly gathering the bits to put it in
physician
hi i'm from montreal region, Quebec canada....

i'm lloking for clean teener in my area but they are kind of hard to find....

i'm basicly a honda guy, i have 1 civic( for sale winter car) and 3 integra... without counting the aprts in the garage.... i'm in accident car business.( not a lie)

i like the teener, cause it handle like nothing else.. don't be surprise if ever ask about dropping a counter clockwise gsr engine..... or maybe an rsk or s2000 will fit better, already turn clockwise.... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif hey i'll wait to until i have a car... maybe a 911 trans with not flip diff will do... rolleyes.gif unsure.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome Physician, what is your field? Accident car business? Hmm. Chiropractor?
yellow72
Hi or something....72 saturn yellow,2.0,sideshift
blah,blah,blah
kobas
OK, I'll take up this invitation.

I bought my '74 2.0 a few weeks ago after lurking here for a while. Found it in the classifieds right here, and it was about 10 miles from my house in Marietta, GA!

So far its been great while I could drive it! It had a transmission oil leak when I bought it, and I thought it was coming from the shift selector. Last weekend after cleaning things up down there, I confirmed the leak was where I thought. But my poking around was enough to cause a few shift linkage bushings to disintegrate. So now I'm waiting on the parts to be shipped, while the car is up on jack stands. Looking forward to some improved shifting when this is over with though!
Brad Roberts
Glad to see the "Newbies" speaking up. clap56.gif clap56.gif

B
seanery
nice yellows guys!

c'mon I know there are A LOT MORE of you out there!
Brad Roberts
Some of them sign up through the classifieds and never even notice the BBS. Some people dont even know what BBS stands for.

B
nikhil
hey everyone...i'm still looking around for a car...hopefully I'll have time to go look at a few in the next couple weeks...and maybe i'll actually be able to bring one home :-)
seanery
good luck nik!
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 6 2004, 05:51 PM)
Some of them sign up through the classifieds and never even notice the BBS. Some people dont even know what BBS stands for.

B

Bradholio's Bull Shit?
jeff
Are you related to that girl in the pic?I want to get out my lotion every time I see that clap56.gif wub.gif !
Gint
Welcome to 914club guys! beer.gif
FriarJohn
I should be breaking ground on my garage in the next coupla weeks. Then my 914 will finally have a home (along with the bike and Mustang). I still check in here every few days. I'm sure I'll be more active when I actually start working on the car.

John
blaize
Hi, 73 2.0 in New Orleans. I am a tech at the local Porsche dealer and picked it up off a college student who drove it down and then left it in our yard for a year. paid his dad 500 for the title and promptly blew the engine. the valve seats had rusted and I got about 50 miles out of it then the seat fell, snaped off the valve head, which in turn beat its way thru the piston, (yeah I know, I thought the fan was loose and drove it the last half mile home making all sorts of noises), then got jamed on the top of the con rod and punched a hole in the case. I opened the engine lid and found the valve head sitting on top of the case. so now I am just about finished rounding up the parts to throw it all back together.

Mean time I figured I should go thru the brakes. and do the BMW caliper upgrade at the same time. well my MOMO wheels wouldnt clear the freshly rebuilt and modified to fit calipers. figured I could just grind them a little and ended up grinding thru to the crossover tube. so I welded it back up (they are never coming apart again) and started looking for a set of steel wheels. next day a guy at work offers me a SMOKIN deal on 16x7 fuchs and all the 911 susp. and brakes which means I no longer need the BMW parts, and since they have been welded up I can't really sell em.

or to put it all another way IT NEVER ENDS. maybe one day it will all come tegether
this thing has to fight for garage space with a 76 BMW 2002 that is all apart for paint and a 75 BMW r75/6 (bike) that can't seem to stop leaking fluids.

PITY ME
Brad Roberts
Welcome Blaize.. your story sounds like one of mine (except I know that the BMW calipers suck...LOL) clap56.gif Glad to have a few more Cajuns on the BBS. I certaintly miss the food after moving here from Texas several years back.

B
MrPitbull
Im almost new have being hanging here sor a couple of weeks I love my cars so much so I can post pictures here to!!*L*
MrPitbull
And I sow that Johan Friar had a Mustang Fastback just like me, and I think its a little bit fun that I have a car from US my car is sold as new in Sweden back in 1966.
Hope that you guys dont get angry for showing this car here!!
SpecialK
QUOTE(MrPitbull @ May 6 2004, 11:49 PM)

That year and model (fastback) of Mustang is my all time favorite!
MrPitbull
Not my favorite acctually....like the 67 better....buy hay I cant have everything thay say... rolleyes.gif

The Mustangs in sweden have started to be so expensive, i get easily 20000 dollar for mine...its crazy...and we got a lot of them over here.

A friend of mine have gotr a 1968 Shelby GT350 and asking for 45000 dollar for her and he have even asked me to buy it and that he will take my car instead but I think its to much money, right now.
But it would be nice to have a Shelby one day.
indydad
Ok Sean. I am a lurker and APPRECIATE the information that I have taken from this site. I have posted a few comments and I usually get zero responses. Except for one off topic exchange I feel like I am ignored. Boo Hoo. Don't get me wrong, I AM happy to be a part of this, even in a verrrry small way. There is one site (not 914 related) that I kill threads with just one reply (not visited anymore). Please don't let this site digress into a totally insider party with outsiders not welcome. This is NOT a rant, but you did ask.
Mean ole Dad in INDY
PS
NO mention of MY birthday
Gint

How many times do I have to say this anyway? We love pics!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
michelko
Hi everybody,
here is a pic of my beaty. She is a 1970 1,7 an was delivered to italy She ran in Italy the last 32 year. Then she came back to her home biggrin.gif The condition is no so bad.

IPB Image

Second pic is with new wheels. Lokks much better wub.gif

IPB Image

There is also a pic of my other hobby, building engines. O.K. till now i only build one but i plan to do more.

IPB Image

The forum is realy good. I miss something like that in germany.

Best regards from rainy germany

P.S: hope my english is understandable w00t.gif
michelko
Sorry, pictures swithed. The first shows the new wheels.

Michael
1bad914
Been a member of the other forum for acouple of years and just joined this one yesterday. I did a ground up resto on a 74 2.0, only to lose it to the b-otch in the divorce. I am now free and have procured another 74 2.0 that is very complete and has every option you can have, including corduroy seats. The car has the best original interior I've seen, it has some rust issues in the sail panels, but it does run and is still FI'ed. All five 2.0 Fuch's, center console, A/C that is complete, chrome bumpers...blah blah blah. It will be a total strip and restore project for this next winter! The yellow one is the old one, the blue is the new.
1bad914
The Blue
seanery
QUOTE(indydad @ May 7 2004, 06:46 AM)
I have posted a few comments and I usually get zero responses. Except for one off topic exchange I feel like I am ignored.
NO mention of MY birthday

Sorry 'bout that, if that happens again, just bump the thread or ask for more help. I think folks may not answer if they aren't sure of themselves, but if it goes unanswered for a bit, they are less intimidated to throw their 2 cents in.

BTW, on the birthday...fill it in on your profile and we WILL wish you a happy birthday! biggrin.gif
balljoint
Um, Hello..................I have been reading posts and classic threads and joined initially to make use of the search function. This site is already packed with awesome photos and explanations and when I can't find something that I need I will post my question. biggrin.gif

I am trying to save one. I bought my '71 1.7 about 6 years ago, drove it for a while and then did something dumb. I took it apart to do a little rustoration. No digi-camera yet but as soon as I get one I will treat you all to the incredibly stoopid things that my PO did.

I live in the Toronto area, in Canada and with the help of these threads I am looking forward to taking my car out on some of the twisty roads near my home.

Dave
SirAndy
QUOTE(michelko @ May 7 2004, 05:24 AM)
Best regards from rainy germany

hey, another german! smilie_flagge6.gif

herzlich willkommen hier, Michael ...

wo in deutschland wohnst du? ich komme ursprünglich aus Limburg an der Lahn,
wohne jetzt seit 5 Jahren in Kalifornien.

your car looks sweet! smilie_pokal.gif
Andy
michelko
Hallo SirAndy,
ich wohne in Frankenthal in der Nähe von Mannheim.
Was hat dich denn in das Land der 914 verschlagen?
Tolles Forum hier, konnte schon viel Infos finden.

Gruss Michael
Rusty
QUOTE(balljoint @ May 7 2004, 07:06 PM)
Um, Hello..................I have been reading posts and classic threads and joined initially to make use of the search function. This site is already packed with awesome photos and explanations and when I can't find something that I need I will post my question. biggrin.gif

Welcome everyone! wavey.gif

Hey Dave... you may be the only member who searches until you find the answer. No worries, though. Part of BBS life is reviewing the same topics from time to time. That's a good thing because new members often have new and interesting stuff to add.

-Rusty smoke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(michelko @ May 7 2004, 10:37 AM)
Hallo SirAndy,
ich wohne in Frankenthal in der Nähe von Mannheim.
Was hat dich denn in das Land der 914 verschlagen?
Tolles Forum hier, konnte schon viel Infos finden.

Gruss Michael

Meine Ex-Frau ist aus Kalifornien.
Es hat mir hier so gut gefallen daß ich dann nach der Scheidung einfach hier geblieben bin. smile.gif

Und das Wetter ist ja doch wesentlich besser als Zuhause ...

wavey.gif Andy
theol00
Hallo Michael - hier is noch ein Kraut in California - ich sin smilie_flagge6.gif von Koelle !
waterboy
Greetings--

I guess you can call me a newbie lurker, ph34r.gif I mostly just visit the site to catch up on whats happening on 'Friends' Kidding, kidding.

There is actually an amazing weath of knowledge here and Im just trying to soak it all up. Right now Im in the process of stripping and building up a '73 to be an auto-x weapon! fighting19.gif

Later,

Brian
Jeroen
QUOTE(indydad @ May 7 2004, 12:46 PM)
I have posted a few comments and I usually get zero responses. Except for one off topic exchange I feel like I am ignored. Boo Hoo...
Please don't let this site digress into a totally insider party with outsiders not welcome.

Hey IndyDad,

No one gets ignored here. Well, not on purpose anyway biggrin.gif
Like Sean said earlier, if you don't get any answers to your Q's just bump the thread or ask again (and again and again and again)
Basically, if you speak up, you will be heard!

As far as I know, there is no "insider crowd" on this forum. Every 914-nutcase is welcome and invited.
Some may be better accainted, because they are local to each other or because they have been on other 914 lists and forums for many years

Heck, they even talk to me here, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get any attention biggrin.gif
silver2.0
Hey guys, I haven' t posted much, but I am a regular at the "other" board. Just can't get enough 914's I guess! I bought a 914 from Cali and I live in washington. My dad and I flew down and drove it back. It ended up toasting the heads though, because the po thought it was a good idea to remove the thermostat and wire the flap for the oil cooler down. The engine was also impacted with leaves and such. I have just finished my engine rebuild, and head reconditioning. It runs like a champ most of the time, but I still have a loooong way to go. But it was cheap!! Although I am finding out cheap is not really cheap. I should have just bought a 7k car, because I will have more into it than it will be worth before I am done. But, I enjoy working on it, and I am getting VERY aquinted with it. Here is picture, nothing special, but hopefuly it will be when it's done. It is a 1970 with a 74 bumper (WHY????), and 2.0L D-jet.
michelko
Hallo Theo,
gruss auch an dich. Ist das Auto im Avatar-Bild deins?
Mein Onkel hatte 1974-1976 einen in der gleichen Farbe (allerdings kein GT).
Der Wagen hat bei mir die liebe für den 914 geweckt. Ich war damals 7 Jahre alt!
Vor 2 Jahren hab ich mir dann meine Traum erfüllt und einen 914 angeschafft.

Gruss Michael
Jacco
QUOTE(michelko @ May 7 2004, 04:24 AM)
Hi everybody,
here is a pic of my beaty. She is a 1970 1,7 an was delivered to italy She ran in Italy the last 32 year. Then she came back to her home biggrin.gif The condition is no so bad.

Hey Michael,

I don't know what it is but I totally dig the light colored interiors, can't get enough of them. wub.gif
One day I want a nice light colored interior in the teener, black is just so black
Sweet 914 man a big thumbs up

Und viele schöne Grüsse aus die Niederlände!

Jacco de Haan
Delft, the Netherlands
michelko
Hi Jacco,
i also prefere the tan interieur. I am glad i found one.
This shows the car when i bought it. Someone has poorly covered the doors barf.gif

IPB Image

I decide to correct the doorpannels an searched a long time for a matching material.
This shows the new covered doorpanel and the homemade middleseat

IPB Image
As you can see the seats are in not good shape, so last winter i decide to make the seats also new.
This is the passenger seat ready, the backpad is in work.

IPB Image

Michael
Jacco
nice job on the seats and doors man! smilie_pokal.gif
hopefully my 914 will have a nice light interior like that some day

greets
Jacco de Haan
Delft, the Netherlands
3liter914-6
agree.gif

Some very nice handiwork there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.