Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alleluha!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
My car finally turns over! Man I feel like a dummy. Had the positive side of the starter hooked to the negative side of the battery. Damn Germans and there black positive wires!!! hopefully I can get her running as soon as I can get the tank in and figure out clutch adjustment! Thanks for the all the help puget sound guys!
messix
slap.gif

shades.gif

good job on staying with it!
clow
QUOTE(matteyp @ Apr 12 2011, 05:28 PM) *

My car finally turns over! Man I feel like a dummy. Had the positive side of the starter hooked to the negative side of the battery. Damn Germans and there black positive wires!!! hopefully I can get her running as soon as I can get the tank in and figure out clutch adjustment! Thanks for the all the help puget sound guys!

Right on! I was in that position about 2 weeks ago. The cable had some wear and I had some heavy red cable around so I crimped on some new ends. Now its 'properly' color coded!

Good luck with the rest of your project.

Clow
messix
first rule of electronics.... don't trust some one elses work, check where every conductor goes.

+ should not go to the bolt grounded at the body.

unless you have one of Kelty360 cars!!!! [but those are all 6v cars.]
scotty
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 12 2011, 07:21 PM) *

first rule of electronics.... don't trust some one elses work, check where every conductor goes.

+ should not go to the bolt grounded at the body.

unless you have one of Kelty360 cars!!!! [but those are all 6v cars.]

Ditto. I blew up an alternator that way headbang.gif D'OH!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.