Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 2005 5 speed subi trans 700$
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
IM101
SOLD local impreza guy for 850$ thanks for looking!

Hey I have a 2005 5speed out of a imprza rs, decided to go another direction so it is up for sale, Ill give the 914 crowd a little bit of a discount, listed at 875 elsewhere 700 to the world, ( flexible on the shipping)

88xxx miles
Located in portland
paypal is great, local cash better smile.gif
Thanks
Ian
Bruce Hinds
how do these stand up to v8 power and what kind of gearing do they have compared to the 901? I'm running a wide spaced gear 901 with out first and would like to have another gear.
IM101
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Apr 13 2011, 04:01 PM) *

how do these stand up to v8 power and what kind of gearing do they have compared to the 901? I'm running a wide spaced gear 901 with out first and would like to have another gear.

Good questions... first off I dont even know if they make an adapter for a v8 - subi trans set up, i think most have done an audi trans? The drivability of the subi trans will be markedly better than the 901 (that seems to be the consensus anyway), and as to the v8 power it seems to be that in the subi world guys start to blow trannies at around 250 hp for the stock NA version and 300-350 for the stock turbo version. of course that is doing hard starts and fast shifts and other non tranny friendly stuff, and in on an awd 3000lb+ vehicle. So with the 914 slight 2000+or- pounds and the trans being converted to 2wd the trans should be able to handle more abuse. and thats not even factoring in the maturety/skill level of the driver. hope that helps.
Ian
IM101
Local sale pending. bump
Bruce Hinds
That does help Ian, I know Kennedy will can and will make anything, they are a great shop. the 901 with the wider gear spacing works well with a V8 if there isn't too much torque and of course, side stepping the clutch and power shifting is a ticket to tranny hell but mine has help up will for a looooooong time.

Do you know where the audi gearbox thread may be? I would imagine those are expensive and may not be a better benefit than the G50.....
IM101
Bruce,
nope I don't know too much about the audi trans or the g50, Im going Subaru so that's more my area of study thus far. But yes Kennedy would probably be able to get it done if they haven't already, I forgot about those guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.