Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any D-jet troubleshooters in the NY, CT, MA area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
4WheelDrifter
Subject says it all.

I'd like to find a good troubleshooter for my D-Jet 2.0. It's running rich as hell (stinks). I'd like to find out what's wrong with it to make it run better and cleaner. Plus with gas prices as they are, I wouldn't mind a few more MPG.

Thanks!
Part Pricer
I would think that Ed Morrow could give you some good suggestions. Ed is just north of the border in Massachusetts (That's right, he's a Mass-hole) wink.gif His 914Club ID is ejm.

You might also want to check with Chris Foley. I'm not sure if he's a FI guy, but he could steer you in the right direction.
ejm
I don't think too many are left....

Take a look at Brad Anders D-jet webpage for troubleshooting ideas. Often the problem is mis-matched components or something simple like a vacuum leak that's been overlooked.

If all else fails I have both the Bosch and Grundig D-jet testers. It's been decades since they were used but should still work.

You guys going to the meeting tomorrow night?
4WheelDrifter
Paul, Don't think Chris does FI either but he might know. I'll give him a call.

ejm,

Thanks. I'll have to run down the checks on Brad's site.

Meeting? Probably can't make it, getting a timing belt replaced on my truck. It's way overdue.
Carrera916
Since you're in Conn, you might want to try call Gerry at KAM Motorsports and see if he can help.

KAM Motorsports
WWW.KAMMotors.com

Let me know how you make out with that

J
Kerrys914
My 2.0L had a gas smelling smoking problem last fall. I had one injector that was leaking bad and causing the engine to run rich smile.gif I actually had fuel coming out the exhaust port and running down the heat exchangers ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

If the injectors are old have them cleaned. It will make a world of difference and @ $11/injector it's cheap too.

I am proud to say I am have been smoke free for 9 months smilie_pokal.gif

Cheers Kerry
Bleyseng
Does it start?
Check the CHT first...
Then test the MPS for leaks, it should hold a 15hg vacunnm
for 5 minutes.
Check the fuel pressure to see if the return line is plugged.
ChrisFoley
I can work on D-Jet but I don't have any specialized equipment such as the units Ed mentioned.
william harris
smile.gif Call Richard Anzalone at Autobahn Performance in Peabody, MA (978) 536-2667. Richard is a Porsche mechanic of more than 25 years experience and a 914 owner. He certainly can work on D-Jet. Good Luck and keep it running. clap56.gif
lmcchesney
Chris would be a good choice. Also, there is the group in suburbs of Boston that performed the Grassroots Motor Sports project. Do search for GRMS. Although, they did have problems after they built the motor.
L. McC
ynotdd
Call PSH 16313215100 ask for Kevan. he has been a porsche mech for 30 years and specializes in 914's.He in Long Island NY, in ct try chris foley
r_towle
Shine Racing

http://www.srsvw.com/

Rich
4WheelDrifter
Wow, thanks guys.
Dead Air
Thanks for a great response. If we ever get this motor pulled, I know I'll find it usefull. We'd like to stay mostly stock.
We're looking for members in the western NY, NW PA, southern Ontario area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.