Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7l (6) CIS Linkage?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bfrymire
Help.

I am in the process of converting from carbs back to CIS. (EFI conversion see my thread.)

The carb angle and motion does not appear to be correct. So, I am looking to see what it should look like.

(If i am missing parts, then I am in the market for parts. smile.gif )

-- brett
SLITS
I will shoot an image for you tomorrow, but until then ....

I use the 914/6 bellcrank on the tranny, with the 914/6 long steel rod up the the CIS bellcrank console. From the console, it is a short rod to the throttle body.

I have, on a previous conversion, made a bracket and bolted it to the CIS console. I used a standard /4 throttle cable, but drilled an pinned the end with the snap connector to fit over the ball on the throttle body.

bfrymire
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 18 2011, 04:12 PM) *

I will shoot an image for you tomorrow, but until then ....

I use the 914/6 bellcrank on the tranny, with the 914/6 long steel rod up the the CIS bellcrank console. From the console, it is a short rod to the throttle body.

I have, on a previous conversion, made a bracket and bolted it to the CIS console. I used a standard /4 throttle cable, but drilled an pinned the end with the snap connector to fit over the ball on the throttle body.

Thanks!

Here's a picture to show the problem. You can see that the throttle body needs to move up and down, and the carb linkage moves forward and backward.

Really, hope you can shed light on this. If you see parts missing, etc, I would appreciate the illumination. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Another image for clarity.

Click to view attachment
SLITS
Click to view attachment You can run a link like the black line (standard CIS part) and it will work.

or

Move the cable assembly over in line with the TB connector and run the cable directly to the connector on the throttle linkage. You may have to lengthen the cable by some means.
bfrymire
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 18 2011, 07:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment You can run a link like the black line (standard CIS part) and it will work.

or

Move the cable assembly over in line with the TB connector and run the cable directly to the connector on the throttle linkage. You may have to lengthen the cable by some means.

Thanks Ron!

I will give that a shot.

-- brett
bfrymire
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 18 2011, 07:32 PM) *

or

Ron,

Didn't work. It gets part throttle, then binds. sad.gif

Any other ideas? Need to get this to work soon. Getting close to firing the motor.

-- brett
bfrymire
Found this. Looks like the problem is the bellcrank, which shouldn't be there.

Click to view attachment
Scott S
I have a full CIS system (less the fuel pump)in a box that I will never use. I know it was in 100% perfect working order when it was pulled off of the car 2 years ago. It has the full linkage. You can have it for the price of shipping. Only caveat is that it will probably take me a week or so to get it out of storage.

Dr Evil
Extend the cable to connect directly to the TB (no bell crank). Still not direct, though.

Click to view attachment

Better yet, rotate the TB clockwise 90 degrees THEN connect the cable. It will be a direct pull down wink.gif

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
The only reason for bell cranks is to change the ratio of travel so that full pedal travel = WOT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.