Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revolution wheels!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
Hiya, Well the good news is I got my new wheels. And they look too cool. Bad news is they don't fit just
yet. The hub caps will not go on (see pic of spindle) and the strut cover interferes with the rim. With tire it
will be worse. Does anybody that have these wheels know if a spacer is needed in the front? Tom? I
really thought they were straight bolt on in the front. Car is a 74 BTW. I cant wait to fit the rear. wacko.gif
F4i
strut
F4i
Lookin good
URY914
I have 15 x 7 RFXs with a 5" backspace.

What size and what backspace are those?

Paul
F4i
They are 17X7 RZX. I will go measure the backspace. I thought they should fit the front no prob. the rear I know is waco depending on the car.
F4i
Ok from the inner lip to the mounting flange. (my understanding of backspace) is 147 mm +/- 1mm or 5.79".
Demick
That's way too much backspace. Almost exactly one inch more backspace than stock. You'll have problems on the rear as well since they will sit too far inboard and will hit the inner fender. You will need some pretty thick spacers (somewhere around 3/4") to make those work.

Demick
ynotdd
What isTom at revolution going to do about it? did you buy them new from him? I have the 15" on order. please post how it turns out spank.gif
maf914
I have a set of 15 x 6.5" RFX wheels with 5 1/8" backspace with 205/60 tires. They fit front and rear, but I can get some front inner fender tire rub at full lock. This has not been a problem in normal driving.
seanery
Nice Avatar Pic Tony!

IPB Image
Mueller
In order to gain more clearance on my setup, I recycled the dust covers from an old set of tie rods:

IPB Image
mwyatt
I have the same wheels (Revolution RZX 17x7 35mm offset all around) and they fit with no problem. I am using 16mm spacers up front, and I never test fit the wheels up front without the spacers, so I wouldn't know how the wheels fit without them. I'll post some current pictures tonight, but you can search for my old pics on this forum.
ynotdd
I have a bunch of pic's to choose from that was just the first. glad you like it smilie_flagge24.gif
Mark Henry
The use of spacers is fine, but that should have been an "up-front" statement. <_<

Now he'll have to order them in (if from the US even more coin) or have spacers made to fit.
Get your tires on so you can measure it proper.
F4i
I spoke with Tom today. The factory made an error. The backspace is wrong on my wheels. It should be a 35mm ET I have 47. He did appear to want to resolve the situation and has been supportive. I will update you guys on how things turn out. The first set took 3 months to arrive. I do not want to wait that long again. sad.gif Maybe they can do a custom offset for me to compensate me for my troubles.

Mueller, I like your solution to the dust boot problem.
Mueller
i do not like the idea of getting different offset fronts and rears, you will not be able to rotate, if down the road you damage a wheel and need a replacment, it might be difficult to get the "non-standard" offset..........just a few things to think about.
F4i
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 13 2004, 04:46 PM)
so what is going to happen with those rims??? wanna sell them at a deep discount??? smile.gif I'd run 'em right now (with spacers) and ask for 1 extra correct offset rim so that you have a spare.......

sounds like a win-win to me smile.gif

I will find out for you. If I can help you out I will, as I know you are in the market. Plus you have the equipment to make your own spacers. Maybe phone Tom @ revolution. As it stands though I paid for the correct ones I am going to get the correct ones. Or better.
F4i
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 13 2004, 04:51 PM)
i do not like the idea of getting different offset fronts and rears, you will not be able to rotate, if down the road you damage a wheel and need a replacment, it might be difficult to get the "non-standard" offset..........just a few things to think about.

Good call.
Revolution Wheels
I'd like to take this opportunity to address this problem. I became aware of it yesterday and have already spoken to Dylan about it. I immediately fired off an e-mail to the factory, along with forwarding the pictures that Dylan sent me. As there is an 8 hour difference between Arizona and the UK, I did not receive an e-mail response until this morning. I also phoned the factory first thing this morning to follow up and have been told that an order for a replacement set is already in the works and they will strive to get them done as quickly as possible. These of course will be sent to Dylan free of charge. At this point we do not know if there was a clerical mistake or if the wrong offset was programmed into the CNC, but suffice to say Revolution apologizes for the inconvenience.
Thank you,
Tom
Mueller
Way to go Tom smilie_pokal.gif

glad to see companies standing behind thier products....sorry for not recommending your wheels on the other thread..........that's the least I could do smile.gif
Revolution Wheels
Thanks for the kind words!
F4i
Just an update.(Although Tom is here to speak for himself). I spoke with Tom again. I have to say he is very customer service driven. I honestly feel he is doing everything he can to remedy this. In fact I decided to buy an additional wheel. even got a deal on it. The only concern I have is the amount of time it will take to get them made and here. Tom is working on that as well. I will keep you guys updated.
Mueller
In fact I decided to buy an additional wheel.

wow, did I have anything to do with you wanting to buy a spare?? smile.gif

smart move, glad to see things working out....
F4i
Actually you did! It was a very good point. The driving season here for this type of car is very short. I don't want to miss out due to a bent wheel. Its fairly cheap insurance. Plus the situation allowed me to rethink my needs and revolution was kind enough to give me a better deal on the fifth one.

Oh BTW I spoke with Tom about you getting the old set. He is not sure but it could be a possibility.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.