Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention WI-IL-IN-MI-OH 914World members come meet Brad Mayeur
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GaroldShaffer
Veto??? I wouldn't veto that. I wish I could go, but already have plans to attend the SCCA RunOffs this year (watching, not racing) so my vacation time is used up.

See you guys Saturday! chowtime.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 26 2011, 09:44 PM) *

It's offical!

drunk.gif The 4th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 27th 2011. So save the day! piratenanner.gif

Its Offical Brad Mayeur of 914 LTD will be attending. Here is a great chance to pick his mind. Brad is a great wealth on knowledge on 914s.

Menu will include, but not limited to:

Burgers, Brats, Dogs, & Chicken
Salads, chips, cake
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

Doors open 10:00am central, that's 11am for eastern time guys shades.gif

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-6418 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 2nd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Tool road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Click to view attachment

Please PM me if you plan to attend so I can make sure we have enough food & drinks.

I have my midrise lift so we can do a little tech session again. party.gif
Looking better by the hour!!!!!! 914 seems to be a go at this time, but I have a backup repro 356 or my 74 TR-6 or my 78 Spitfire or my crappy 09 Honda. Count me in................................ Bob
GaroldShaffer
WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Aug 24 2011, 11:18 AM) *

It's offical!

drunk.gif The 4th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 27th 2011. So save the day! piratenanner.gif

Its Offical Brad Mayeur of 914 LTD will be attending. Here is a great chance to pick his mind. Brad is a great wealth on knowledge on 914s.

Salads, chips, cake

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-6418 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 2nd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Tool road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Click to view attachment

Please PM me if you plan to attend so I can make sure we have enough food & drinks.

Looking better by the hour!!!!!! 914 seems to be a go at this time, but I have a backup repro 356 or my 74 TR-6 or my 78 Spitfire or my crappy 09 Honda. Count me in................................ Bob

Will you be swinging by Lafayette on the way there?
rnellums
Anyone need anything off a 73 2.0L so I can remember to bring them?
rnellums
Leaving Lafayette in T-30 Minutes.
icon_bump.gif
jmill
I hate to say I can't make it guys. Take plenty of pictures so I can see what I missed. headbang.gif

I'll make it a point to make the next one.
GeorgeRud
biggrin.gif

Thanks Garold for putting together a great BBQ and Midwestern 914 meeting. It was great to see so many old 914 friends, and also some great cars.

You even did a great job of ordering proper 914 weather, we could have thought we were in San Diego instead of Indiana.

Hope we can do this again sometime next year!
gms
Great time, good to see old friends and meet new ones. Thanks for hosting Garold.
I will start the pictures
rnellums
I hope everyone has a safe ride home! driving.gif Time for some photos!!! piratenanner.gif
rnellums
wub.gif
gms
John Knight's beautiful original 6
rnellums
It was like a bag of skittles.
jmill
Looks like the BBQ was a big hit. A bunch of very nice cars parked there. I hate to say I would have really felt out of place with mine still up on jackstands. I gotta get my butt into the garage and get to work.
GeorgeRud
I love all the photos, but I have to try to remember to take photos of the owners along with their cars!

Of course, I thought of this today after the event.
hot_shoe914
Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm kinda glad Christine wasn't operable as she would have looked so bad amongst all of those nice looking cars. Would be nice to see all of those cars at MUSR this year. Great photos.
Bartlett 914
It was an awesome day and a great turnout. Thanks Garold! I had a great time.
GaroldShaffer
Glad everyone had a good time. We will be doing it again next year also. beerchug.gif
BigDBass
Thanks so much for your hospitality, Garold and Julie!
And thank Nathan for me as well for keeping Maddie entertained! As we were driving home, she said "I think I made a new friend."

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

914ltd
Thank you Garold and Julie for putting on a great gathering of 914's and enthusiasts. The food and 914 conversation were excellent! As most of you know, I spend very little time on the web and I was surprised my name was even mentioned when I checked for information about the event Friday. I'm always happy to share information I've learned and also look forward to learning new things from others. The 914 community has to be one of the best auto fraternities out there. Looking forward to the next event! Brad
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 24 2011, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Aug 24 2011, 11:18 AM) *

It's offical!

Salads, chips, cake

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-6418 (cell)

Directions:

Click to view attachment

Will you be swinging by Lafayette on the way there?
Kid, u get home ok? Bob
rnellums
QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Aug 30 2011, 03:04 AM) *

Kid, u get home ok? Bob

I'm not sure if this is for me or not, but the rest of my drive was VERY smooth. 250 miles on half a tank. Gotta love the change in fuel economy going from dual carbs to FI!!
GaroldShaffer
Finally found my camera so here are my pics.

aktion035.gif

GaroldShaffer
Lastly who's chairs are these? If you are missing a chair I have it.

blink.gif
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(rnellums @ Aug 30 2011, 09:22 AM) *

Kid, u get home ok? Bob

I'm not sure if this is for me or not, but the rest of my drive was VERY smooth. 250 miles on half a tank. Gotta love the change in fuel economy going from dual carbs to FI!!
Yup, its for you. What was your milage with carbs? What are you stick RPMs at 70 MPH? The old guy. Bob
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 31 2011, 08:00 PM) *

Finally found my camera so here are my pics.

aktion035.gif

I think I know........
rnellums
QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Sep 1 2011, 04:22 AM) *

Kid, u get home ok? Bob

Yup, its for you. What was your milage with carbs? What are you stick RPMs at 70 MPH? The old guy. Bob

Mileage with carbs was 34-36 according to the odometer, but I was running non-stock tires. I think that's off by 80% or so, so 27-28.5 or so.

In the new car my tach was holding just over 3200 I think.
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(rnellums @ Sep 1 2011, 08:33 AM) *

Kid, u get home ok? Bob

Mileage with carbs was 34-36 according to the odometer, but I was running non-stock tires. I think that's off by 80% or so, so 27-28.5 or so.

Mine was 3600 RPM at 70 MPH, but I have 195/45 tires and the engine works harder, I think. Comp tires?????? I want to go to something taller/softer riding tires. 45s just best an old mans bones UP. Bob
rnellums
QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Sep 1 2011, 05:53 AM) *

Kid, u get home ok? Bob

Mine was 3600 RPM at 70 MPH, but I have 195/45 tires and the engine works harder, I think. Comp tires?????? I want to go to something taller/softer riding tires. 45s just best an old mans bones UP. Bob

I think the engine works less hard actually, just has to work faster. I had Michelin tires on my old car, 205/60's and the ride was still rough because my suspension was so stiff. Maybe go to softer springs + maybe adjustable shocks?
oakpark
Gerald, A belated thanks for the great event. You are a true enthusiast. I hope we can see more cars next year, although your neighbors were probably wondering where all the funny little cars came from.
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(rnellums @ Sep 1 2011, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Sep 1 2011, 05:53 AM) *

Kid, u get home ok? Bob

I think the engine works less hard actually, just has to work faster. I had Michelin tires on my old car, 205/60's and the ride was still rough because my suspension was so stiff. Maybe go to softer springs + maybe adjustable shocks?

One of the few times in life that stiffer, is not better! Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.