Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention WI-IL-IN-MI-OH 914World members come meet Brad Mayeur
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GaroldShaffer
It's offical!

drunk.gif The 4th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 27th 2011. So save the day! piratenanner.gif

Its Offical Brad Mayeur of 914 LTD will be attending. Here is a great chance to pick his mind. Brad is a great wealth on knowledge on 914s.

Menu will include, but not limited to:

Burgers, Brats, Dogs, & Chicken
Salads, chips, cake
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

Doors open 10:00am central, that's 11am for eastern time guys shades.gif

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-6418 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 2nd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Tool road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Click to view attachment

Please PM me if you plan to attend so I can make sure we have enough food & drinks.

I have my midrise lift so we can do a little tech session again. party.gif
GaroldShaffer
Just a bi-weekly bump to 1st page.

beerchug.gif chowtime.gif smilie_pokal.gif
gms
Bummer that is the Midwest Council Road America Double Race weekend
GaroldShaffer
Sorry Glenn. With all the Autocross dates and family stuff that is about the only weekend that we don't have anything going on.
mburkhart
I'm in!
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif 351.gif 51.gif jsharp.gif party.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif beerchug.gif
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 26 2011, 09:44 PM) *

It's offical!

drunk.gif The 4th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 27th 2011. So save the day! piratenanner.gif

Burgers, Brats, Hot Dogs........etc chowtime.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Tool road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Click to view attachment

I will have my midrise lift by then so we can do a little tech session again. I will have more details in the next few months so stay tuned!

party.gif
Is there a local club? Indy club? Bob
GaroldShaffer
Bob,

There isn't really a "club" just a some local Northern Indiana guys with the 914 sickness. biggrin.gif Honestly I would like to see if there would be enough interest in maybe having a "cruz N" day every other month while the weather is good. For now all I can setup is the BBQ event at my house here in Portage.

As the date gets closer I will ask for for a head count so I make sure I have enough food and such. hope you can make it.
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 7 2011, 03:36 PM) *

Bob,

There isn't really a "club" just a some local Northern Indiana guys with the 914 sickness. biggrin.gif Honestly I would like to see if there would be enough interest in maybe having a "cruz N" day every other month while the weather is good. For now all I can setup is the BBQ event at my house here in Portage.

As the date gets closer I will ask for for a head count so I make sure I have enough food and such. hope you can make it.
If I can get my 914 to run well more than a day????? I would like to try comming, for sure! Keep me informed razorbobsr@aol.com or 812-232-4777
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 7 2011, 03:36 PM) *

Bob,

If I can get my 914 to run well more than a day????? I would like to try comming, for sure! Keep me informed razorbobsr@aol.com or 812-232-4777
GaroldShaffer
flag.gif icon_bump.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif flag.gif
GaroldShaffer
One month away piratenanner.gif

I updated the first post with directions, address & contact info. If you can please PM if you plan to come.

Hey Admins can I get a special color added to this thread to highlight it?

beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
Just trying to keep this close to page one. chowtime.gif
GaroldShaffer
Bueller.......Bueller........Buller.......... blink.gif
BigDBass
Hey, thanks for keeping this bumped or I'd have missed it.
I should be there. Possibly with our next newborn who is due any day now!

Red Arrow Run involved?
JMKnight
yes why not!! I havent had the 914 out for a while. Portage is just down the road. Mary and I will make the trip to the party!!
Razorbobsr
Strange?? I have 2 other car events that I COULD go to that day, normally I drive british cars for fun, but I am leaning North to Portage.......... If I get my 914 out of the shop, if the weather is close to good, and if I can get over the guilt that my british friends will lay on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bob
GaroldShaffer
Its Offical Brad Mayeur of 914 LTD will be attending. Here is a great chance to pick his mind. Brad is a great wealth on knowledge on 914s.

Red Arrow Run involved?

We could do that also. Take a drive up red arrow to Oinks in New Buffalo for some ice cream. chowtime.gif

Bob, hopefully the guilt wont get to you. Hope you can make on up north.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(JMKnight @ Aug 2 2011, 08:02 PM) *

yes why not!! I havent had the 914 out for a while. Portage is just down the road. Mary and I will make the trip to the party!!

smilie_pokal.gif Great!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Garold:" You know I'll make it , W/O a 914 hissyfit.gif even if I have to hich hike

Attention all attendies travelling west on I- 80-90 , If you see a fat old man

hitch hikeing , for the love of God , Please stop and pick me up !!!!!

See you all the 27th Dave slap.gif
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 3 2011, 11:30 AM) *

Red Arrow Run involved?

We could do that also. Take a drive up red arrow to Oinks in New Buffalo for some ice cream. chowtime.gif

Its a very hard thing to carry through life!! LOL Bob PS, I have a rep 356, could I bring that if the 914 pukes??
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Aug 4 2011, 11:40 AM) *

Red Arrow Run involved?

Its a very hard thing to carry through life!! LOL Bob PS, I have a rep 356, could I bring that if the 914 pukes??

a 356 icon8.gif Kidding.... bring whatever you like sir. We're cars guys
GaroldShaffer
just a icon_bump.gif to keep his on page one.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif to page 1 beerchug.gif
jmill
Just saw this myself. The orange highlight threw me off. I usually skip over those because there's normally nothing close to me. I gotta check with the wife to see if I can get a porch pass.
GaroldShaffer
I hope you can make it. beer.gif
vitaminc914
I will call you on Mon. If I can work out the logistics, I will plan on attending.

Ray
rnellums
I plan on being there as well! Hopefully in Calypso! I also have a 914 in need of being chopped. I know some had mentioned that this might be a fun event as well. Although it is ALWAYS a very messy affair...
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 26 2011, 09:44 PM) *

It's offical!

Burgers, Brats, Dogs, & Chicken
Salads, chips, cake
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-6418 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 2nd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Click to view attachment

Please PM me if you plan to attend so I can make sure we have enough food & drinks.

I have my midrise lift so we can do a little tech session again. party.gif
I got my 914 back from Porsche guy in Indy, engine runs great now BUT.............. my starter failed to get me home. Are there going to be ANY 914 guys/girls that can trouble shoot a windsheld wiper prob??? Mine does not wipe. I will prpb replave starter with Hy tourque type from A/A Bob
Razorbobsr

Red Arrow Run involved?

Who's Brad Mayeur?? Bob
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Aug 15 2011, 04:41 AM) *

Red Arrow Run involved?

Who's Brad Mayeur?? Bob

I sent Bob a PM also, but figured maybe not every knows who Brad is. Besides being a very good friend of mine, Brad is a long time Porsche mechanic that has been working on 914s since they were new. He is the owner of 914ltd (309-694-1797) in East Peroia IL and was co-owner of Kauth and Mayeur German Autos. I have known Brad for many years and you will not find a more honest and genuine person than Brad. He knows his stuff. Bob bring your 914 and we will do our best to figure out your wiper problem.

I just wanted to say that this BBQ isn't just about eating and talking 914. It's also about making new friends. If you have parts you would lilke to sell bring them (if you have room), car needs minor work maybe we can fix it or at least get you going in the right direction. I have a mid rise lift and tools here.

-Garold
ConeDodger
Wow! A chance to meet and chat with Brad Mayeur. One of two or three 'quiet giants' of 914. No ego, just knowledge and experience. Add to that, the Midwest in the late summer... This should coax people from further away!

Have a great event!
Bartlett 914
Hi Garold

Looks Like I can make it. Let me know if I can bring anything.
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 15 2011, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Razorbobsr @ Aug 15 2011, 04:41 AM) *

Red Arrow Run involved?

Who's Brad Mayeur?? Bob

I sent Bob a PM also, but figured maybe not every knows who Brad is. Besides being a very good friend of mine, Brad is a long time Porsche mechanic that has been working on 914s since they were new. He is the owner of 914ltd (309-694-1797) in East Peroia IL and was co-owner of Kauth and Mayeur German Autos. I have known Brad for many years and you will not find a more honest and genuine person than Brad. He knows his stuff. Bob bring your 914 and we will do our best to figure out your wiper problem.

I just wanted to say that this BBQ isn't just about eating and talking 914. It's also about making new friends. If you have parts you would lilke to sell bring them (if you have room), car needs minor work maybe we can fix it or at least get you going in the right direction. I have a mid rise lift and tools here.
914 running great at this time....... lol Do have starter that sometimes does... sometimes not, dont know why. 12v direct to starter spins it up each time, going to clean and grease connections tomorrow..... dont think sitting in shop for 2 yrs helped but I had this same prob comming back from FL after buying car. Bob
-Garold

gms
Decided against Road America so I am in!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 17 2011, 12:08 PM) *

Sweet! bringing the racecar?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Aug 15 2011, 08:56 AM) *

Hi Garold

Looks Like I can make it. Let me know if I can bring anything.

Just bring yourself and a lawn chair.
gms
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 17 2011, 02:13 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Aug 17 2011, 12:08 PM) *

Sweet! bringing the racecar?

I will try and do that
BigDBass
I'll be there. Jury is still out if my wife and kids will come along.

I'm thinking installing my front stock sway bar might be a good small tech session! It's been sitting in a box for 2-3 years. Brad installed the mounts ages ago.
BarberDave
icon_bump.gif

smilie_pokal.gif

To the top !

Dave slap.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Aug 18 2011, 12:44 PM) *

I'll be there. Jury is still out if my wife and kids will come along.

I'm thinking installing my front stock sway bar might be a good small tech session! It's been sitting in a box for 2-3 years. Brad installed the mounts ages ago.

Bring it along. Are the holes drilled for it? if not we will have to pull the tank I beleive?

GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif 7 days and counting........ aktion035.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 20 2011, 08:00 PM) *

icon_bump.gif 7 days and counting........ aktion035.gif

Calypso made a 104 mile run today, so it is looking good for her making it up next weekend! She may need another bleed of the brakes though!

-Ross

icon_bump.gif
vitaminc914
Count me in! This will be the longest drive my car has taken in over 10 years. Wife and 2 kids coming along as well (in a separate car). Looking forward to it.....
mburkhart
Anyone coming out from the Chicago west suburbs who needs a ride or wants to caravan?
BigDBass
QUOTE(mburkhart @ Aug 22 2011, 11:46 AM) *

Anyone coming out from the Chicago west suburbs who needs a ride or wants to caravan?

If you (or anyone else) is heading from the north/west to Garold's via 294, I would be more than happy to meet for caravan. I'm not far from the 127th and Cicero exit.
GeorgeRud
Let's hope we have a Saturday without rain for a change! After 3 weeks of rainy Saturdays, we're due.

Should be a fun time!
BigDBass
Looking forward to seeing you all. ninja.gif icon_bump.gif

Also, my fellow midwesterners should all make plans to attend the MUSR event in Eureka Springs Arkansas. Only 10.5 hours from Chicago area and it will be a blast. Take a look at the official thread or the event website here: http://www.914musr.com/musr/

I'll bring some flyers to the BBQ in case anyone is interested, unless Garold vetoes this of course!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.