Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 Clutch Cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
OK, V8 going back in tomorrow. Clutch cable just meets lever to throwout bearing, so no free play. Need more slack. Is it available up front at pedal? Longer cable? Add extension to rear threaded shaft? No, I don't have a picture, just trust me.
Howard
And for you trivia buffs..

Bitter end: Not sour tasting, but the end of the anchor line that attaches to cleat (bitt). If you're headed for the rocks, and you reach the bitter end without the anchor grabbing on bottom, you are SOL.
rick 918-S
Relocate the pulley bracket? confused24.gif
boxstr
Are you using the same TO brg collar? What about any changes in the clutch assembly?
CCLINFREEPLAYGROUND
Howard
Haven't measured compared to the stock 2.0, but rear wheels are definately in the wheel wells. All else looks stock. Use smaller pulley or move bracket forward looks like easiest. Damn, you guys are quick! Love this forum. Boxstr, get my email about no golf?
neo914-6
It's tight because the adapter pushes the tranny back it's thickness. Mine's even thicker with the cast adapter so Brad welded a piece to extend the cable. Yours should fit, but there won't be much slack at first. You will have to drive it awhile and wait for it to stretch especially if it's new.
Felix
Brad Roberts
The Terry cable clutch cable housings are longer than the stock ones.. they work fine.

The issue is two things:

1. The adapter plate thickness
2. The throwout bearing is MUCH thicker than the stock one which moves the clutch fork even farther forward.

B
tesserra
Howard,
On other posts you mentioned your firewall was modified. This could also cause problems if it is farther away from the trans.

George
John2kx
Howard,

On my conversion, there is a little room for adjustment of the whole drivetrain fore/aft as it is secured to chassis. In other words, make sure drivetrain is as far forward as possible. This may give you the little extra needed.

Not sure which cable is installed in my car since PO replaced it while it had the 2L installed but I've got about 1/2" of threads sticking past adjustment nut.

The Renegade instructions mention installation of a extention piece up front at clutch pedal area BUT "this is not required with 9" upgrade clutch". I am using their 9" clutch.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.