Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Towbar adaptor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John Kelly
I'm sure this has been done before...see attached picture for my version, or look at the album for a few more pictures and information. No, I do not want to go into business making these!

http://allshops.org/cgi-bin/community/comm...d=9980160442904

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
tat2dphreak
cool deal man!

I think James Adams has his own tow bar adapter too... a little different from this. thanks for the info!
lmcchesney
Finally an after market product which will give our 914' those really quick 0-60 times.
Nice John.
welder.gif
STL914
John, how is the tow bar adapter secured in the trunk?
John Kelly
Hi Gary,

There is a crossbar bolted between the bumper bracket mounts that everything is welded to. It uses the front two bolts on either side. I was going to have a brace run under the car for more stiffness, but it turns out to be stiff enough as is. Have not road tested it yet...will be using a safety chain as always, just in case.

L. McChesney, I'm thinkin' if all works out, this 914 won't have much of a problem going a lot faster than my truck...probably about 60 mph faster than I ever want to go...Roland went 140 easy with this engine in his 914...erf!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.