Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 901 gears and shafts. Inventory always changing .
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
I have these, many in multiples. Prices negotiable. Hit me up, lets talk.

Prices:
A, N, V, ZD - $25 shipped to where ever flat rate boxes go for flat rate

M, U, Q, X, Z, ZA - $200 shipped same as above

A or F shafts - $50

Any other transmission parts wanted, please inquire. smile.gif
koozy
I'll take the C first please.
koozy
How much extra ya want to bore the reverse? Or, if ya tell me what to do I can do it here.

Thanx Doc
Root_Werks
headbang.gif

I want that X for my 4th so bad!

headbang.gif

Michelle's gonna have my nuts if I even think about spending more money on the 914 tranny.

sad.gif
Dr Evil
Koozy, it would be easier to have a shop do it by you. Not hard. you can get the dimensions off of your 1st/rev gear and just match them.

PM me for details.

Dan,
Want store credit? idea.gif I have plenty of X gears and will be doing that clinic you will be at happy11.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 2 2011, 04:03 PM) *

Koozy, it would be easier to have a shop do it by you. Not hard. you can get the dimensions off of your 1st/rev gear and just match them.

PM me for details.

Dan,
Want store credit? idea.gif I have plenty of X gears and will be doing that clinic you will be at happy11.gif

You've probably already sent out the H huh?

Oh man, I hope Michelle doesn't read this thread.

If you happened to bring one, I'm sure I would more than tempted to purchase such a fine gear. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Oh, I will bring it smile.gif
Cam Arnott
Sent you a PM re some gear sets

Cheers
Dr Evil
Koozy decided to spend his $$ on a different project wink.gif C is still available.
koozy
Oh yea, sorry I didn't post that. I indeed needed to back out to purchase something critical for my car. Bump for a screaming deal on a C gear. BTW: The last one I purchased was $700 (new) and that was a good deal. This C gear set is a giveaway at that price.
Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif Gimme yer $$$ wink.gif
kid914
would you still have the ZD ? FOR 5 TH
Dr Evil
Yup, sure do. PM me and I will gladly sell it to you smile.gif
bam914
What all is left? Interested in the O and maybe the U.

Dr Evil
QUOTE(bam914 @ May 23 2011, 10:54 PM) *

What all is left? Interested in the O and maybe the U.

Everything listed is left. I have multiples of some so not sold out yet. Let me know if ya want them.
shoguneagle
Doc,

What do you recommend for gears in a 901 transaxle and behind a 3.2 1987 Carrera engine?

Do you have any transaxles you are planning to build/have built that you are thinking about selling?

Thinking of getting an extra transaxle and parts for my 914-Sixer setup.

I really liked your thread on the great services and parts that each of our vendors provide to us. Great quality and they do spoil us.

Steve Hurt
Dr Evil
Hey Steve,

I do have a box that is built up and almost ready to sell.

For gears, I would have to reference the stock 3.2 carrera gear ratios and see what is comparable. This would take into account the displacement, cam, etc and is the easiest way to figure stuff out. Let me see what I can dig up.
Dr Evil
As always, the question is how much $$ do you have??

The stock gearing final ratios for the 915 with 3.2 and US G50 with 3.2 are below:

915 (G50) - Stock 901, close options for 901 gears
1 – 12.329 (12.215) – [A 13.689], AA 12.546
2 - 7.104 (7.083) – F 8.365, [GA 7.874], HA 7.086
3 – 4.886 (4.847) – N 5.844, [Q 4.982], R 4.783
4 – 3.741 (3.870) – V 4.101, [X 3.795]
5 – 2.957 (3.058) – ZD 3.144, Flipped J 3.000

The bracketed ones are the recommended best bang for your buck. The A is stock 1, GA is stock 2 in /6 boxes, Q is easily had as is X (I have these). For 5th it is a crap shoot as ZD is fine, but a little short. J is going to be pricey. A flipped H is going to be taller by a little at 2.629.

Clear as mud?

Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif Need to feed my habit, who needs some gears????

Also have good used parts biggrin.gif
shoguneagle
Doc,

Thanks for the effort in looking up and configuring what I should be looking for when considering the gearing for my 3.2 engine. Here is how I see my transmission and please correct me if I am getting away from my needs and availability of gears.

1st gear - retain the 914 "A" gear

2nd gear - get what you recommend "GA" gear

3rd gear - get what you recommend "Q" gear

4th gear - get what you recommend "X" gear

5th gear - get and flip "H" gear (how do you tell which side is flipped?)

I think you may have the "H" and "X" gears; where do I get the "O" and "GA" gears?

What have you put in the transaxle you indicated you may have for sale? What would be the cost to have you modify it to the above gearing if it is still available?

I like the ratio spreads on each gear; my driving is street driving and I do not want to be doing 4-5000 rpm at highway speeds. I would like the fifth gear to be taching somewhere around 2,000 rpm at 70mph; with the good spread to the engine torque/rpm curve over the 1st thru 4th.

Question always comes up: does the above ratios give enough cooling air through the engine? How about the cooling air to the 3.2 engine at 2k rpm at 70mph?

I am getting into something entirely new to me but I am following you.

I have been traveling and have not had enough time to spend on the 914-Sixer until now. Got it running with dependability and on the street; now considering the transaxle, 911 brakes and rear bearing changes.

I will be buying all the gears you have listed above from you so let me know how much you need for them and what they are.

Steve Hurt
Dr Evil
I do not think that flipped H is going to give you 70 at 2k. This is not something to strive for IMHO as I do not believe it will cool your engine enough. Consider this, the slower your engine turns the more it has to work so the more heat is generated with less air over the engine.

The gearing you are aspiring for is not bad and should fit your needs well.

I have the "O" gear and "X" gear. I just sold the "Q" gear to a gent in Aus, and a client JUST spoke for the "H" gear that is going into his stack that is in transit here.

I do not have a GA shaft currently, but I may be able to find one.

In the box that I am building it has stock gearing, but I am willing to change the gearing for no extra labor charge.

For a total cost of stuff, contact me via PM and we can set something up.
shoguneagle
Thanks, Doc, for all the valuable information thus given.

I am sending you an e-mail.

Steve Hurt
don_newton_alpha
Hi i am considering the zd gear to use as my 5th gear. I am trying to lower my rpms while driving on the highway. I was wondering how much you think this would lower the rpms. I am currently around 3200 rpms at 70 mph. Thank you very much.
Dr Evil
ZD is the stock 5th in the /4 gear box. If you have a /6 then it will lower your RPM a little as you will have a ZA or Z.
don_newton_alpha
I see, well do you have any suggestions for gears i could use that would lower the rpms at all.
Dr Evil
What engine and gear box do you have and what are you wanting to do? This will help me help you.
THE STIG
Ever find out if you have those LSD outdrives? Whats a K 3rd worth? How about an HA 2nd?

THE STIG
Dr Evil
I have not had time to measure my stubs yet. Remind me next week so I can do that for ya.

I just sold the H gear, gotta get it off the list.
The KA is still available for sale. I'll let it go for $200, but know that it is a modified shaft with N 3rd (IIRC, need to count) welded to it. I will check and post pics later. I am on tonight, as I was last night, and will be on Mon. Only time I will likely have is Sun night.
Dr Evil
Bump. Prices negotiable.

I also have a set of larger out put flanges. Can be used with factory LSD. $200
porsche1vw
I want the C 1st Gear
Dr Evil
Pm me and we can get that for ya.
Eric_Shea
Nobody's picked up the ZA? Come'on kids... that's a great price.
76-914
pm sent, thx
914ltd
Hi Doc, any more Q gears? Outright or I have a nice H to swap. Brad
Dr Evil
Nope, I am on a hunt for H and Q, though. Wanna sell?
Dr Evil
Currently what I have available:

Many in multiples. Prices negotiable. Hit me up, lets talk.

Prices:

M, O, S, - $200 shipped same as above

AA, Y, U, ZA - $375

I am looking for good H gears if you want to trade smile.gif

naro914
do you have the stock (I assume A) 1st gear shifting sleeve?
P/N 911 302 226 00
Dr Evil
I do, how good depends on what you want to pay. I have a good as new for $250 and it goes down from there.
martin_UK914
Is there a first reverse slider out there for sale at all?
Or am I in the wrong place.....?

biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
This is the right place, but I am about to do two rebuild clinics in the next month and may not have any good used sliders left. I can check stock later tonight and see what I can find.
koozy
I may have a couple in my stash if the good Dr. can't find ya one.
martin_UK914
Thanks guys, most appreciated.
martin_UK914
anything?

blink.gif
Dr Evil
Sorry, Mate. I will PM you and see if I can help with what you need.
914racer
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 30 2011, 11:54 PM) *

I have these, many in multiples. Prices negotiable. Hit me up, lets talk.

Prices:

M, O, S, X, Z, ZA - $200 shipped same as above

I also have a C 1st from a sporto box that needs the reverse coupler gear bored out for use in 901 (I may do this on my own, stay tuned) - $300

A or F shafts - $50

Any other transmission parts wanted, please inquire. smile.gif

I am looking for a Q and U gear. Can you help? The DVD was very helpful. How about instructions on how to set a ring and pinion or at least what to look for?
Thanks
914racer
Dr Evil
I know I am out of Q, but have a U set. As for R/P, it is a bit more involved and would take up too much time on the DVD as most people do not need to do it and hardly anyone has the special tool wink.gif
a914622
before i send the autostick off to the scrap yard, do the gears fit the 901 boxes? or is it worth a 1.25 a ton?

I have a 901 4 speed box in the go-way pile. I will have to check the numbers, but i remember getting it for the S or Q. let me look at the pile.

jcl
Dr Evil
4 speed should be A H Q X. Auto stick gears will fit 901. I may be interested in the H gear.
jjackson
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 27 2012, 12:31 PM) *

4 speed should be A H Q X. Auto stick gears will fit 901. I may be interested in the H gear.

Looking for an M 4th gear.Thanks.
J Jackson
a914622
My mistake. I looked today and its not a 901 box its a 911-00 box. Oops

jcl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.