Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Master Cylinder Setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
I finally got everything bolted up and ready to add fluid.
These are Tilton M/C's and brake pedal with a heavily modified Tilton mounting bracket. The red hose is a bias adjuster with a knob in the cockpit.
There is a microswitch up front for the brake lights.
ChrisFoley
Here's what the pedals look like.
Mueller
nice install......are you running "huge" calipers now or just needed the adjustibility of this setup??
ChrisFoley
I had to make shortened actuator rods to fit things in the space available. The long one came with the M/C.
Mueller
think it'll take a while to get used to having the pedals on different pivot points?
tat2dphreak
DUDE! that looks sweet!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 21 2004, 06:26 PM)
nice install......are you running "huge" calipers now or just needed the adjustibility of this setup??

Vented rotors with M calipers up front and modified stock rear calipers.
Working within SCCA limitations.
I wanted more flexibility than the stock M/C setup provides.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 21 2004, 06:27 PM)
think it'll take a while to get used to having the pedals on different pivot points?

I bet it will feel strange at first.
But I'll be used to it after one race. biggrin.gif
ss6
You make it look so easy. smilie_pokal.gif

Kinda close to the go-pedal, though, or is it the angle the pic was taken from?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ss6 @ May 21 2004, 06:35 PM)
Kinda close to the go-pedal, though, or is it the angle the pic was taken from?

The picture angle makes it look too close, but it's just about right for heel and toe braking/downshifting.
skline
I am impressed..........and not worthy pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
Jeroen
Nice job Chris!

I found this recently... tempting wub.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 21 2004, 07:10 PM)
Nice job Chris!

I found this recently... tempting wub.gif

cheers,

Jeroen

OMG!!! I think I'm in lust!

how $$ will that kill my wallet?
skline
Yeah that is sweet, I wonder where you would find something like that?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 21 2004, 09:10 PM)

I found this recently... tempting

I actually started down a similar path, but realized that adjustments and maintenance were too much of a hassle with the m/c's down there. I was 75% done even and changed my mind. You can see the 2 holes for the dual m/c's in this pic.

I bled the system tonight and am a disappointed by a little flex in the sheet metal. Apparently the reinforcement I made wasn't enough. The pedal does feel nice and firm, so otherwise I like it so far. smile.gif

One more thing, I installed Earl's "solo-bleed" bleed screws, but had to remove them. It is impossible to fill a dry system with them in place. They might work fine on a system that is already bled once.
lapuwali
What's interesting about Jeroen's pic is that it doesn't look like the M/Cs go through the sheet metal. It looks like that blue thing on the end is the fitting for the brake hose. Both M/Cs are entirely inside the footwell. Hm. Where is that pic from, and are there any other details?
Jeroen
The pedal box shown is a modified stock box (although this is a later one, mounted in an early 911)
Brackets for the M/C were added and a provision for the balance bar on the brake pedal
All is inboard mounted...

I contacted the owner. He was planning to make more of these to sell, but he doesn't have the time at the moment
<_<

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
Once again Chris, you've done a nice job.

Paul
Part Pricer
I had to put the two of these together. I got tired of scrolling up and down to compare them.

IPB Image
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.