Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
This will become the standard Stage 1 Silencer for my Super Header exhaust systems, replacing the Phase 9.
The Stage 2 Silencer (Quiet Can) will also be 100% stainless very soon.
TimT
So whats the damage for a pair?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(TimT @ May 21 2004, 06:42 PM)
So whats the damage for a pair?

For the time being they will only be available with my headers for TIV applications.
Sorry Tim.
Randal
Nice work Chris!

Question: Any measurements on db yet?

The reason for the question is that Laguna Seca is 92db max.

Second (hopefully not stupid) question: If I took my existing 4 into one header off my engine and put your system on, is it possible to predict a difference in performance?
TimT
Awww...you mean I have to lose 2 cylinders to use these? laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Randal @ May 21 2004, 07:32 PM)
Nice work Chris!

Question: Any measurements on db yet?

The reason for the question is that Laguna Seca is 92db max.

Second (hopefully not stupid) question: If I took my existing 4 into one header off my engine and put your system on, is it possible to predict a difference in performance?

Randal,
I get sound readings at SCCA races for my race car. Typically, with a muffler like this the numbers are 90-92, rarely 93. A lot depends on sound meter location and atmospheric conditions.

Yes it is possible to predict a difference in performance. Without knowing any of the particulars about your engine I already know there would be a big increase in midrange torque. That is a typical characteristic of tri-y header designs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.