Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil pressure gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwilner
looking to add an oil pressure gauge to my car. I'd like to retain the green idiot light. Are these the right parts?

Gauge

Sender

Also, will a stainless braided brake line work to connect the sender to the sensing port on the block?

Thanks
Rich
Mike Bellis
Did you read the description of the sender?

"We don't feel that the VDO 80psi Oil Pressure, 1/8-27 NPTF, Dual Pole Sending Unit is the "right" sender to use for aircooled VW Engines because the oil light comes on at too high a pressure. Stock is 2psi, this comes on at 7-8psi."

Sounds like it will work electrically but your light will be on at any pressure less than 7psi.
rwilner
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 1 2011, 05:54 PM) *

Did you read the description of the sender?

"We don't feel that the VDO 80psi Oil Pressure, 1/8-27 NPTF, Dual Pole Sending Unit is the "right" sender to use for aircooled VW Engines because the oil light comes on at too high a pressure. Stock is 2psi, this comes on at 7-8psi."

Sounds like it will work electrically but your light will be on at any pressure less than 7psi.

I figure that's ok since the only time it'll be @ 7psi is at idle.
914Sixer
I am selling a custom gauge(N Hollywood) that is factory 60mm console size and sending unit in the classified section for $120.
Cevan
I used a braided hose from a paint ball store. Use some hightemp thread sealant on the threads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.