Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: See If you can tell where these rubber pieces go
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I thought I might have some fun with these. Like I said most of theses are missing on most engines. Both are NLA and I am not sure if they have been reproduced yet.
Cevan
The one on the right goes thru the thermostat cable where it exists the engine tin. I think AA has it.

The one on the left could be throttle cable grommet.
type47
Well, the one on the right looks like the thermostat cable grommet for where the cable runs through the tin above the alternator.

I hope I beat Cevan on the other one. I think it's the grommet for the telethermometer sender aka Taco plate oil temperature sender. It's the grommet for the wire through the cover plate.
914Sixer
Well it look like it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. Jim is correct on both counts. The grommet is also used somewhere else other than the engine, see if you can guess where.
IronHillRestorations
Alternator harness grommet?
Dave_Darling
Holding some trim on? Like the engine grille letters?

--DD
type47
request hint for the other application. Is it used as a wire grommet also in the other application?
JFJ914
The one on the left is the sealing grommet for the oil temp sensor on the taco plate cover.
jk76.914
agree.gif Oil temp sensor wire, exiting taco plate.
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
The other place the grommet is used is for the rear factory foglight bracket wire. The light was used on some USA cars.
Eric_Shea
The other place the grommet is used is for the rear factory foglight bracket wire.

I'll take one of those too... biggrin.gif
type47
Any clue what the part number is on the taco wire grommet? It's not in the PET diagrams, just the taco parts and the fog light is not in the PET either.

Upon further search, maybe it's in the fog light listing:

PET 905-05 #34 E999.702.011.50 rubber sleeve

???
914Sixer
Part number is 311.949.149A for the boot. The listing Jim (type 47) shows in the PET is a universal type seal. AA is supposed to have reproduce this boot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.