Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car is Running-Finally
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
World,

Just want to thank a few folks after a long Winter of no driving the teener.....no shameless plugs intended..these folks are good people.

Jeff Bowlsby
Mikey 914-Mark
Automotion
Brad Anders

and the Radar O"Reilly of 914 parts Bruce Stone.

After scrounging the Slit's Shope last weekend for spare parts and other venues in So Cal, my car in running like a champ just in time for Summer.

I completely re-vamped the FI (D-jet) and top end of my car and gained the knowledge of this little car with the help of the folks above. At times it was frustrating but I hung in there.

Oh....and the good doctor... for the trans DVD.

Rob

ThinAir
Don't feel "stuck" with your FI. With the help of the folks you've listed you'll find that the FI will give you reliable performance and better mileage than carbs. Congratulations on your perseverance - it will be rewarded! driving.gif
avidfanjpl
Hey Rob,

If it is a 2.0L DJet from a 73, I am always available to buy your complete DJet system right out of the car.

Hell, I will buy the dizzy out from under you too!

I have a philosophy.

3 of everything is maybe just enough. I have one in the car, one in boxes, and one more someplace I have yet to find and pay for. I spend nights cleaning the old parts.

Old farts are like that.

I am a total DJet fan. Starts first time EVERY TIME. Combined with my new Pertronix unit, I am in Fat City.

Good luck with Carbs.

I will take the 2.0L DJet system whenever you are done.

People that know me, know that I pay instantly and I am dead serious.

Just in case you wonder if anyone likes DJet.

If it is a 2.0L. I will be buried with an ECU between my hands.

No kids, no wife. All I have is my Orangina.

Regards,

John
Ductech
I agree with the last poster that FI is the way to go. IT always starts! hell i dumped my carbed type 4 for injected Subaru motor and, I wouldn't go back to carbs on any motor for that mater. So keep on Driving and good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.