Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visited my baby in the body shop today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
biggrin.gif Just got back from seeing my car in the final stages of wet sanding almost ready for paint. For those of you who don't remember I bought the white conversion six, with the purple stripe down the side and over the trunk. You can see it on page one of dunkle photo's on pelican. I'm getting very excited, it's getting paint on friday. and I should have it tuesday. Then I don't have to hear anymore barbie porsche comments rolleyes.gif . So far car is more than I expected, and the quality of the conversionis very very good. Glad I busted ass out to CA to pick it up, from what I understand a line was forming behind me with greater offers of $. Got to hand it to the seller for holding his word on promising me the car. I WILL have pic's once it's all put back together next week. mueba.gif
Ferg
brant
good news mike...

brant
Gint
It was such nice paint too...

But that stripe DID have to go.
Curvie Roadlover
Congrats, I remember seeing those pics. It matched the guy's motorhome, right?
You gotta ask, What was he thinking? Post pics when it's painted, OK? beerchug.gif
Sammy
I dunno, after driving the car I figured the stripe would be easy to ignore. The rest of the car was nice enough to overshadow the stripe.
I still say it was the best 914 I've ever driven.

Have you found any surprises with the car yet? There has to be some...... no 914 is perfect.
Ferg
tongue.gif No surpises yet Sammy. I've been through most of the car now, and it's as rust free and as nice as any 914 i've seen. It did fail emmissions so your right not perfect but that should be easy, it was running rich. Too bad I didn't have time to swing by and say Hi. Would have been nice to meet you. mueba.gif Ferg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.