Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eric Shea Brakes/Tangerine full Shaft/Zimmermann's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
I will take pictures this time.

Going to tackle putting on Mr. Shea's handiwork at all wheels in gold plate, all new Zimmermanns/bearings/seals, and a set of NOS Ferodo Asbestos pads all around, new SS lines, a new switch in place of the leaky 19MM Master Cylinder, and dropping the 5 Fuchs wheels off at Al Reed's on Monday. Staying with Anodizing to stay OEM.

Waiting till Fall to drop the tranny, do some Dr. Evil work and change out the old flywheel/PP/6 springer and TO and add Chris' Tangerine halfshafts/CV's/Stubs in WHAT ELSE? ORANGE!!! I will start looking for tranny parts some day when I actually have money again.

I have a humdinger in the TO, but not too bad. Getting those parts next week. Just will drive it for a while longer. The existing 6 springer clutch plate has only 10K miles on it. Hoping it has 2 more AX's and about 3K miles left in it. PO must not have changed the TO at 100K.

This should be an interesting May. My birthday is at the end of the month. My last year of NOT being 60 starts soon.

Who needs money when I have a 914?

Now I have none!

John
proto31
Man, don't use the Ferodo brake pads, those things will defeat the upgraded MC and all the work your doing. From what I remember, Ferodos are really lousy... Go buy a set of Porterfields, their office is in Costa Mesa right off Placentia... just my .02

Dan
avidfanjpl
These are NOT semimetallic, they are asbestos. Eric Shea said they were the best ever made. He said to put them in his brakes.

I think he is right. Everyone who used Ferodo back in the day LOVED them.

Nothing like Asbestos. The organics, semimetallics or kevlar don't work as well.

Tried PBR. They are good, but I remember Ferodo's saved my ass more than once going into turns too hot at Watkins Glen in the 70's in a car not as nice. The PBR's are shot after 7K miles and 4 autocrosses.

35% gone and being removed. And the rotors are at the minimum of 9.5MM. Got to go! Bought 2 complete sets of NOS Ferodo's and I know what they are about.

Thanks!

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.