Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TB sticking, What should I do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Well today i figured out why my car has such a high idle, the throttle body sticks. So if I manually apply pressure to close it with my hand, it idles fine (well I need to tune the idle screws and mixture but still). So that portrays the question.
What would cause the throttle body to stick? I check the TB plate, and unscrewed it and tryed to fit it better, then tightened it down, didnt help. I set the MPS or whatever that thing is called on the TB.. Now im stuck. I can drive the car, but I still want to figure out this problem.

Any idea's?

Andrew
John
Well today i figured out why my car has such a high idle, the throttle body sticks. So if I manually apply pressure to close it with my hand, it idles fine

You do mean the throttle valve?

D-Jet or L-Jet?

I set the MPS or whatever that thing is called on the TB..

You mean the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)?

There used to be a guy that rebuilt throttle valves on 914's. I believe you sent him your valve and he would put new bushings in it for the shaft and make it work like new. I think his name was Mike Cooley and the company was Southern Knight Machining. I never sent a valve to him so I don't know the quality of his work, but it may be worth a look. I think he charged something like $43.00 to do it.
Andyrew
76 2.0. so D-jet (right?)

I'll just do whatever work myself. Not keeping the engine that long.. lol. Gona blow up some day.
John
Well in any event, I dug up the link:

http://www.tolisgroup.com/porsche/mike-ad.html

It does show some cleaned up throttle valves.
MattR
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 26 2004, 08:15 PM)
...Any idea's?...

EJ20T

biggrin.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ May 27 2004, 08:45 AM)
Well in any event, I dug up the link:

http://www.tolisgroup.com/porsche/mike-ad.html

It does show some cleaned up throttle valves.

Mike Cooley still hangs out on the Rennlist. He joined the 914 Club recently, but I don't see him post much.

I don't think he does these TB overhauls anymore. I know that people that received his work were very pleased with the quality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.