Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multi-Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
I`m installing a multi gauge in my `72 (the one with the temp gauge) I`m looking for a wiring diagram ? Has anyone else done it? Thanks Barry
Aaron Cox
i just did it.

was easy, my car is a 73, so all i had to do was extend the sender wire from the console area to the back of the gauge. make a splitter to jump the switched positive and the negative off the gas gauge.
MXMARK
72914S, I just put a 911 pressure/temp gauge in mine. I also changed the fuel gauge and installed a CHT gauge. What are you using for the temp sender. I just ran a wire from the temp sender that I put in the drain plug to the gauge and then jumped the positive from another gauge and the ground from that other gauge. Really easy. Just make sure your gauge matches your sender. Mark
MXMARK
Hi Aaron, You are always one step ahead of me.
Mark
Aaron Cox
mark, was in your hood last week. almost stopped by on my way to carcraft for wheel studs.... how you doin? my car runs crappy now, linkage got loose etc..... got it close now, think ill have car-craft finish tuning it/rejet it.

wadda ya think?
MXMARK
Aaron, They seem to do good work. What size are the carbs? Maybe we can get them close. Mark
Aaron Cox
44 idf's. the throttle shaft nut came off (vibration i guess-double nutted now) and couldnt seem to get it right since then, been tinkering a little, pulls real hard and all, but drivability blows. Backfiring for no reason (especcialy on decel) and the car seams to puls at the midrange (i think one carb is opening slightly before the other- i have that under control)

lemme know
lapuwali
When the throttle shaft nut came off, could you have lost the seal under the throttle arm, that seals the bearing on the end? If so, air is getting past the bearing, creating a big vacuum leak on that one carb. Backfiring and surging are often caused by being too lean, which supports this theory.
lapuwali
Mark, can you give me details on the "temp sender in the drain plug"? Is this some VW piece, or something you fabricated? I'd like to put an oil temp gauge in my '71, but dunno where to put the sender.
MXMARK
72914S, Sorry to Hijak this thread, If you need wiring help, we just did ours, PM us.

Mark
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(lapuwali @ May 27 2004, 04:27 PM)
Mark, can you give me details on the "temp sender in the drain plug"? Is this some VW piece, or something you fabricated? I'd like to put an oil temp gauge in my '71, but dunno where to put the sender.

im pretty sure he means the taco plate (thats what mine runs off)
MXMARK
Lapuwali, I could not find a taco plate and temp sender holder so I just put a 12x1.5mm VDO sender with a 150c temp range in the drain plug to match with my 911 gauge to 300f same same. Part #323-092 I know it does not respond as fast as the stock sender location but It works well. This will not work for the 914 gauge(Different range). One wire from the sender to the dash. I hope this helps. I would like to get a Taco Plate, etc. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.