Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Friday Distraction TIME!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
blaize
I cannot fathom how we made it all the way to the third page before Ronin got any real mention. I presume this is because as mentioned above most of you have not seen it. so RIGHT NOW go and rent it, or better still buy it. the cars involved are a little ho-hum but it is without a doubt the best car chases in any movie ever. and there are two of them and a rather entertaining getaway.

So really go rent it.
PatW
The Transporter. Plenty of fancy driving, Martial Arts but kicking. Stuff Blowing up. Saved the girl. Ect,

I can't remember what movie John Wayne did driving a Black 455 70's Trans Am.

Some Clint Eastwood flicks. Magnum Force is a favorite.

Two-Lane-Blacktop. I think it was with James Taylor?

I didn't think Ronin was all that great. ph34r.gif
Randal
My vote goes to Bullitt as this was the first real road racing type chase I ever saw. It got your blood boiling. Kind of like the first time I heard R&R music (Blackboard Jungle).

It's killing me but what was the name of the movie, released in 65' or 66," about this guy who had a real Shelby in Europe. He made some great all night (fast) drives just to get back to his lady? Really a love story, but outstanding car shots and driving.

A Man and a Woman keeps popping into my head....but I'll be damned if I can remember.

The Mustang had huge (Hella) driving lights right in the grill.

Remembering stuff (WOT)....wish I could find a copy of one scary show that was on TV (long ago). Must have been Twilight Zone or Outer Limit that had this little native guy with a spear that couldn't be stopped. Scared the hell out of me...but every once in a while someone remembers seeing that same episode.
Gint
agree.gif With just about all of the above. I'll watch any movie with a good car chase. Bullitt is probably my favorite. LeMans for sure. Pat mentioned another really good movie that is a little more obscure. And I really liked No Man's Land. Cheesy flick or not.

QUOTE(blaize)
I cannot fathom how we made it all the way to the third page before Ronin got any real mention.

It was on the fist page. "RONKIN" I beleive it was. Close enough.

QUOTE(PatW)
I can't remember what movie John Wayne did driving a Black 455 70's Trans Am.
McQ was the name of it. But the Firebird wasn't a T/A. Formula I think. And green. One of my favorites also.
dan10101
We just watched making of LeMans. I had no idea. We'll be getting that DVD very soon. In fact, if my son doesn't get me that for Fathers day I'm disowning him. rolleyes.gif

Vanishing Point
and
2 Lane Blacktop

are a couple of my favorites amoung the others mentioned. In fact if it has a hot rod in it, I don't care how bad the movie is. (then it just becomes a car comedy)

Best car comedy..
Fast and Furious I
Rusty
My fav: The Blues Brothers... the new Bluesmobile was a riot.

Oh, there was a recent Bond film that had a car chase with a BMW and a Porsche... that was pretty good.

-Rusty smoke.gif
URY914
The Bond chases for some reason never really get ya going. Some early ones were good in thier day but later on they got stupid. I remember one when Bond jumps in a semi tractor and pops a wheelie to get away! wacko.gif

We need to start another thread on TV shows.

Paul
ArtechnikA
NOT 'King of the Hill' --
"King of the Mountain" ...

i always watch for the short scene involving Cassandra Peterson ('Elvira') as "Neighbor" ...

i agree - 'Le Mans' is pretty darned hard to beat. last year sometime Speed Channel broadcast a 'Making Of' feature.

ACO had no problem letting the filmmakers run a camera car during the race - as long as it properly qualified for the race of course. so they went out and got a 908 (McQueen had several race wins in 908's ...), bolted camera mounts for it, and qualified it in the middle of the grid. come Sunday morning with all the attrition at the front they were in the running for a podium finish - with the camera car! except they had to pit to reload the cameras... tough call there for a while. (ya know, if we just forget about the movie, we might actually win this thing ...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.