Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intake/Plennum Joint Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Russ K
Do most of you run clamps on the Air intake/plennum joint hoses? I was always told it was a tight enough without em but i've seen various under-hood pictures on this site that show otherwise. Just curious if anyones had serious problems in that area.
Brad Roberts
They are tight enough for the first 20 years. I lock them down when I'm trying to diagnose a problem and I dont have new ones laying around. Its pretty easy to slap a hose clamp on them while they are on the car.

B
Curvie Roadlover
Last car: no clamps, no leaks
Current car: no clamps, no leaks
HTH
sechszylinder
I use clamps, cause I can feel absolutely confident that there will be no air leak and clamps are pretty cheap.

benno
Curvie Roadlover
Good point!
efrenv
Yes, did the same thing as Benno mentioned. More for peace of mind and the clamps are cheap anyway.
Brad Roberts
How many of you knew that the 9146 had almost NO hose clamps on the car ANYWHERE ??

None on the fuel tank... none in the engine compartment...

I guess Porsche didnt feel the need to run clamps with such low pressure. I have pulled out 3 different tanks now (out of 914/6's) and none of them had clamps on the tank and several of them didnt have clamps on the carbs. Makes sense. Low pressure... tight fitting hose...

B
ChrisReale
I have two clamps on my AAR hoses. For piece of mind, probably dont need them...
Russ K
Thanks all for the input.

Thats pretty crazy about the 914-6.
But when you think about it, are you really that surprised? These are the same guys that didnt put any zinc on the steel and used the spare tire to power the washer jets. huh.gif

(i was gonna add the fact that the 914-6 didnt have a moving passenger seat to that list as well... but frankly i've always liked the non-moving passenger seat, myself. ..it just makes sense. Why the hell would you need it to move?)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.