Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bloody hands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I was installing my pistons today and apparently new piston rings are sharp and old piston rings are dull. I cut both my thumbs and my left hand index finger pushing the pistons into the cylinders. I couldn't find my ring compressor. sad.gif But, "I can't find..." has been the code name of this engine build. mad.gif I hate being rushed.
Trekkor
Show the picture with the band-aids now cool_shades.gif
Jenny
Ewww...

now be honest, right after you took the pic, did you shove your thumb in your mouth and suck on it? After I saw your picture, that's exactly what I did to my thumb. Sympathy suck, I guess you could call it. laugh.gif

Jen
Levi
QUOTE(Jenny @ May 29 2004, 10:53 PM)
Ewww...

now be honest, right after you took the pic, did you shove your thumb in your mouth and suck on it? After I saw your picture, that's exactly what I did to my thumb. Sympathy suck, I guess you could call it. laugh.gif

Jen

Jenny..I love it when you talk dirty.. lol2.gif
beerchug.gif
McMark
Actually I didn't stick my thumbs in my mouth because:

A.) I was wearing latex gloves.
B.) My hands were covered in STP assembly lube.

I'm not into having either of those things in my mouth. chowtime.gif
ablose58
Oh come on , IT'S ONLY A FLESH WOUND!!!!!! wacko.gif AL
Dr Evil
I find that a blood sacrafice is required for most repairs on these cars if you wish them to work.
ChrisFoley
I "soften" the sharp edges with a scratch pad (Scotch Brite) when prepping rings for installation. They need to be washed anyway .
Also, you shouldn't be using assembly lube on the rings. The best thing is light machine oil IMO. Anything heavier will interfere with the rings seating.
SLITS
Assembly lube, gear oil, motor oil, etc are like mayo on a sandwich wub.gif

The blood adds a little salt. laugh.gif
neo914-6
Show the picture with the band-aids now

They have all sorts of things on band aids these days for the kids.
idea.gif Hummm, 914s on a bandaid...
Eric_Shea
Most 914's lose iron at a rate of .011 grams per hour. Blood is a good addition.
tracks914
Did you take the picture with the camera in your mouth? laugh.gif
Katmanken
Wish my wounds were that small..

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.