Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: e-brake cables when using 911 e-brake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Hi,

I remember seeing some threads a while ago with photos of rear 911 e-brake conversions with shoes and drums, but never saw photos of a finished install with cables?

Anyone figure out a good way to do this? As you know, the 911 e-brake needs to be pulled towards the center of the car, whereas the 914 e-brake is pulled to the front of the car.

I've got the Vellios setup on my trailing arms (930 rotor, Carrera e-brake, C2T caliper) and that stuff all works fine, just no e-brake cables yet.

Thanks for any tips!

-Steve
SirAndy
QUOTE(siverson @ May 30 2004, 11:22 AM)
just no e-brake cables yet

i got all the parts, haven't started yet.
i got the 911 cables too and it looks like you can use the stock 914 e-brake handle location.

but, unless i actually DO it, i won't be able to tell.

just layed out all the stuff on the floor and it looked like it'll work,
smash.gif Andy
914Timo
Steve, here is one photo of finished install with cables. Works great. No problems. Have worked already couple of years.

You need custom cables. Measure the lengths of the cables you will need, go to your local cable shop and let them make you new pair of cables. You can not use 911 or 914 cables. They are too short and the endings are wrong.When you put everything together you will see what kind of endings you will need. If you want more information about my e-brakes, just send me pm.
thesey914
Timo, what is this on your gearbox? The bellcrank for the throttle?
Can you use the 914 cable outerguides or were these made too -prob too short?
Don't spose you remember the lengths you had made?
neo914-6
got all the parts, haven't started yet

Andy,
Still accumulating all my parts. Keep me/us posted when you install .
Thanks,
Felix
914Timo
Timo, what is this on your gearbox? The bellcrank for the throttle?
Can you use the 914 cable outerguides or were these made too -prob too short?
Don't spose you remember the lengths you had made?

You are right. It is home made bellcrank for the throttle.

No, I think the 914-4 throttle cable was too short. I used some cable kit originally sold for VW Beetles with one 2-barrel carburator.

I am sorry I dont remember the lengths, but what would you like to know ?? If you can give me about one week I can measure the length of the outerguide and cable for you. Now I remember only that the diameter of the cable was 2mm.
thesey914
Great Timo, Maybe the admins could add your info to the classic thread about 911 rear brakes.
Eric_Shea
I'm afraid I can't be of much help here either.

I plan on using a 911 hand-brake center mounted. I doubt if many will go this route.

Because I decided to switch tubs, the installation of the hand-brake cables etc. has been set back a bit. I need to strip the tub, test fit the control arms and measure the placement of the handbrake. I plan on using 911 cables.
914Timo
Eric, dont forget to send pics. I am very interested in about this setup. The space between my seat and left side console is very narrow. I hate to use the e-brake now. Center mounted handle would be cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.