Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visit with Joe Ricard in Gautier, MS.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Well, Robin and I had a nice gambling junket to Biloxi, MS (Redneck Riviera). While in MS, I contacted Joe to check on the progress of his '70 914, the one he drove from Seattle.

I had met Joe earlier this year when he offered his '74 914 that had been in a fire.

Good luck with the car and let us know if you need anything. Good seeing you again.

Here's a pic of Joe and I. (Joe's on the right with the 914 hat).
watsonrx13
The beast on jack stands.
watsonrx13
This is a shot of the early front motor mount (the closest one). Unfortunately, the car had been converted to a side-shifter and the shift linkage was rubbing on the mount. The farthest mount is the correct one for the side-shifter that he will install.
watsonrx13
Joe has cleaned up the engine and tranny, alot of 'elbow grease' and degreaser. That should keep the engine cooler.
watsonrx13
A shot of Joe's 'hell-hole' after clean up and welding.
Joe Ricard
Rob is there any way to just view my car through that spiffy camera? Sure looks good from that angle. Is my garage really that messy? and to think I cleaned it up. biggrin.gif

Great to have you visit for the morning. Nothing like swilling coffee and talking P-cars. Got all the parts ready to start reassembly. should be down hill from here.
ablose58
Hey Joe, your garage looks almost as good as mine chairfall.gif lol2.gif any way how the heck are you doing? AL
Joe Ricard
Life is good, The real question how's that motor of yours? New job, new (old) car. and gas is so much that I ride a bicycle to work boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.