Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Strut ID and suspension advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmill
I finally have the cash to get this thing off jackstands but I need help. I need to ID the year of the 911 struts for inserts, ball joints, rotors and bearings. They are 3.5" with A calipers. Does that narrow it down enough? I need a bunch of other stuff but I'll start here.

Mr Shea is going to be hearing from me soon for brake bits.
Eric_Shea
Bilstein's (I think) - Take off the dust cap and show us the point where the insert screws in. That will help narrow it down. They could be late model (SC) Boge's with a green dust cap. wink.gif
jmill
It was a PITA getting the insert nut off. I don't have the fancy tool.
Eric, I need to get a list together of all the stuff I need from you. For sure I'll need A caliper rebuild kits, pads and bearings from you.
Eric_Shea
Boge. wink.gif
914Sixer
That nut is for KYB shocks. Strut should have 911 part number somewhere around where the Bilstien cover ends.
Eric_Shea
Correct... I'm not seeing a KYB available for a Bilstein strut so it has to be a Boge me thinks idea.gif

Also... you can see the part number listed in that last shot. John... run that part number and see what year(s) comes up.

911.341.042.02?
bdstone914
PET has nothing for the part number you posted Ron, We need a better photo of the part number to pinpoint the year and model.
wingnut86
I have a set of early 911 struts with KYB inserts and they are Boges (67 - 71 me thinks). 3.0's though, not 3.5 A's...

The nurled nut is different for the KYB inserts...still need Hulk Gloves to remove mad.gif

Part # 901-341-080-01

also lists 1-0221-32-982-0

That looks like a later 911 Boge setup...
Eric_Shea
That looks like a later 911 Boge setup...

Indeed... with the 3.5 that's a set of later Boges.
jmill
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 19 2011, 08:14 PM) *

That's the part #. Don't know why it's not listed.
jmill
So for inserts, bearings, rotors and ball joints what the heck do I ask for?
Eric_Shea
Appears to be close from what I can see...

911 - Model
341 - Front Suspension
042 - Part Designation
02 - Left Side (the other side should be 01)

this "should" be an early SC Boge strut... however, there are some issues as 042 is set as a Bilstein but has a much different left and right designation (30 and 31). I still think this is a Boge (black and KYB):

Inserts - Boge - Koni - Bilstein. I like the Boge as a very good euro ride that is lost in the Koni vs. Bilstein wars. Cost effective too. It depends on what you plan to do with the car.

Bearings - 911 stuff. Pretty common from 65 through ??

Rotors - Same... basic 911 20mm vented rotor 70 through 83

Ball Joints - Late model pin style.
jmill
I'm planning on building a street driven track car with a 2.4 6 with 2.2 S p/c's. What's the best choice for inserts?
jmill
Anybody have any info/experience with these?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.