Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Latest Progress Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RON S.
I've Been working my project for quite some time now,and this summer the 3.6l & 915 trans are finally just about ready for the install.
I have always wanted to have a hydraulic clutch setup when I get it together,so When I was up at the Hershey swap meet,I came across a 964 pedal cluster with a integrated hyd.clutch that when I looked at it I thought that I might could just make it work.
It was actually easier than expected.
Ron
RON S.
The entire master cylinder is mounted in a added on frame to the 964 pedal cluster.
Drill out a few spot welds,and it pops right off.
It is even shaped to weld on the end of the 914 pedal cluster bracket.
RON S.
The only real work done after that was to cut down the length of the large sleeve that holds the brake pedal by about 3/8",and make a new clutch rod.
the clutch rod is 14mm in dia.I bought a pc. of 14mm drill rod from McMaster-Carr for about $8.00.
Ron
RON S.
I had to re-locate the accelerator linkage,so I used the pivot hole on the added on clutch since it was hollow to begin with.
RON S.
The install in the car was a snap,it has about a 1/2"clearance from the firewall.I did a notch in the trans tunnel,and added 1 stud for the extra mount hole.
It is a 5 minute job to install or remove the entire unit once the brake master cyl. nuts are removed.
I used 5/16"brake line out the back for the line.
RON S.
Nother interior shot.
RON S.
The reservoir is a Ford Ranger unit I took from a junkyard.It was free.
RON S.
the pedal board I saved for last.The original no longer can be used.So I've programmed my own version with a little twist.
Right now,It's cut from 20ga. steel to check for fit,but when I finalize the design I'm gonna buy 16ga.grade 2 Titanium.
Ron
sechszylinder
hi ron,

that's a very nice setup !!! smilie_pokal.gif

what kind of slave cylinder do you intend to use ?

bye ...

benno
RON S.
Benno,
Wilwood makes a nice pull type slave cylinder.
I've seen it used mostly on the dirt track cars.
It's less than $60.00 from any race shop so that's what I'm gonna used when the engine & trans are installed.
Ron
airsix
Ron, that looks great! I really like that approach. You will love it. I did a hydraulic conversion too, but mounted the MC next to the brake MC. If I did another one I'd do it your way for sure!

-Ben M.
thesey914
cool.gif Awesome cool.gif
Has this been done before or are we witnessing a pioneering moment?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.