Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last minute breakdown
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
All ready to go to the WCC and what happens!?....
The Master Cylider goes out! headbang.gif
*Sigh*
So its back under the car we go.....
Did I ever mention I have an inherited family curse called "Bad Car Carma"?

Luckily, just happen to have a spare cylinder core. Let's hope this thing gets runnin right. pray.gif
davep
Better at home than anywhere else. Now you'll be fine.
skline
So whats the status Toast? you guys going to make it up? Or are you calling it quits? You just gotta try harder. If you need parts, I got a bunch of them. No M/C however, but just about everything else.
Toast
Thanks Scott, it's all covered. Let's see, now for the whole story. Last night was going to install the radio and wash the car. Noticed a large puddle of fluid underneath the front end ohmy.gif . A feel of the fingers and a taste revealed it to be brake fluid. Ah Shit!

So, today, changed the master cylinder. After taking the old one out, found the problem to be the reservoir feed tube bushings to be bad. Ah Shit again. MC was ok.

So went ahead and replaced the MC anyway. Tried to bleed the system, but could get no pressure. Ah Shit #3. headbang.gif

So, thought the pedal rod might be to long so tore out the pedal board only to find out the pedal rod wasn't even in the MC ar15.gif Ah Shit #4.

Ok, finally was able to pry MC far enough away to get pedal rod in. smilie_pokal.gif Now I have pressure and will spend the night trying to bleed the air out, but I don't use brakes anyway burnout.gif , so stay the F__K outta my way - laugh.gif

Now, with my luck, I'll hook up the radio and it will probably burn up the wiring harness. barf.gif

I'll see you in SJ if I have to tow it with my truck and a rope - Southern Cal style - damnit (ya listening Miles?)
AZ914
Toast,

That pretty much sums up every project I undertake on the car. headbang.gif

2 steps forward, 1 step back...
Toast
laugh.gif Yep, mee too.....
smash.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah, is Miles gonna show up for a surprise appearance......

Geoff biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.