Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 conversion questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Evill Ed
Hey all, I'm Back.

I'm building a 914-6 for a friend. I just got a 3.0L with CIS for it. I am using the Rich Johnson enginemount to install the engine.

I have some questions for those that have BTDT.

Will the CIS fit the engine bay without mods? Or do you need to remove the engine lid latch and trunk springs?

How did you route and plumb the CIS? Where did you locate the fuel accumulator and filter?

What did you use for oil lines? I need to plumb the engine to a re-pro 914-6 oil tank and plumb in a front mounted cooler. I plan to use AN line for the front cooler, what's recommended for the tank to engine, the factory style lines?

What about wiring issues? Removing the stock relay board? Wiring the CIS?

Any other tips and info appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed

BTW - you can see the project at http://community.webshots.com/user/evill914 click on Nick Cole's 914
seanery
Ed, when we stuffed a 2.7 CIS motor in blue car we had to notch the bulkhead between engine bay and trunk to get it to clear. We ground the top of the black plastic intake thingy as much as we could. I've heard from others that they didn't have to.
J P Stein
Oil lines for a front cooler.
You need metric to AN adaptors at the OEM tank
and at the scavenge side of the motor.

Here's a pic of the Troutman thermostat & line routing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.