Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy high temp flexible radiator hose?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_1.8t
I am looking for some high temp hose to use with my conversion. I've seen that quite a few people with water cooled are running these from teh radiator to the engine.

I've tried various places with no luck. I would appreciate it if someone can tell me where I can purchase this from.

Also, What is the recommended diameter to use for the hose.

Thanks.
Mueller
Renegade sells the hose.

I "think", 1.5 and 1.25 are the sizes they recommend
914_1.8t
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 3 2004, 11:32 AM)
Renegade sells the hose.

I "think", 1.5 and 1.25 are the sizes they recommend

Thanks...I'll try them.
Sammy
McMaster Carr sells it too, gates green stripe I think it was.
www.mcmaster.com
John2kx
This is taken from some spare pieces I have left from a recent Renegade kit:

As marked on hose-
"Gates Green Stripe II Heater Hose 1-1/4" MO1170" This one is installed from outlet of radiator to inlet of water pump. Note: this is a I.D. measurement.

"Gates Green Stripe II Heater Hose 1" MO2122" This one is used as a return hose from discharge of block (thermostat housing, fill port etc.) to inlet of radiator. Also used at discharge of water pump to inlet on block (2) ea. Note: this is a I.D. measurement.

Wall thickness of both hoses measure 3/16".

John
Sammy
Yup, that's what I used on my conversion, gates green stripe 1" and 1 1/4" purchased from McMaster Carr.
It turned out to be pretty cheep, and I didn't have to pay shipping because I will-called the order.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.