Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS--1974 914-6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
jt914-6
I'm selling my '74 six conversion. It is as rust free as they come. Here are the basics. Anyone wanting a detailed spec sheet can email me at: jt9146@aristotle.net.
3.0L six with Cosworth pistons, early "S" cams, Webers. Built on a 930/68 3.3Turbo case. RJ engine mount, MSD igniton, & European Racing headers Jet Hot coated. Patrick Motorsports aluminium oil tank, Earl's 60 row front cooler. Side shift tranny with factory 914-6 gears, Quafe diff. Koni Racing adjustable front shocks, Elephant Racing mono ball kit, C2 calipers, Carrera rotors cryogenicly treated, 22mm torsion bars, 22mm Weltmeister sway bar, roller bearing bushings, & front brake cooling. Rear trailing arm kit, C2 Turbo calipers & frozen Carrera rotors, roller bearing bushings, Koni adjustable shocks with adjustable collars & 200 lb. springs. Steel flares, GT stiffening kit in rear, Brad Mayer longitudinal kit, heim joint rear toe kit, full roll cage, front & rear stiffened, OMP sport seats with six point harness, Momo Prototipo quick release steering wheel, flaired rocker panels, FG rear deck lid with spoiler, GT rear bumper, IMSA front bumper, euro lenes, Polished 7 & 8 X 15" Fuchs. Lots more. The car is Porsche color Ocean Blue Metallic (3 AY).This car is street legal and was built to do DE's. Depending on how you drive this car gets between 17 & 24 MPG. I'm selling it to get another car with "creature comforts."
I have around $40K invested not counting lots and lots of labor hours. I'm asking $25,000 for it as it is. It comes with a spare front bumper, window net, and some other spares.
For $27K you can have it, spares and two sets of track wheels/tires. One set of 7 & 8" Fuchs wheels with 225/50/15 BFG g-force R1 tires about half used. One set of 7 & 8" BBS RA wheels with 225/50/15 Yokohama Advan A048 tires with four DE runs on them. Email me to the address above for questions. Serious buyers only. The price is firm.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
enderw88
Stunning! Where did you find the IMSA front bumper?
Dirty Evo
I am going to cry myself to sleep for a week if my wife says no.....
PeeGreen 914
Don't pass this one by. I have always liked this car beerchug.gif
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 24 2011, 03:15 PM) *

if I bought it, it would make up for my huge FAILURE when I didn't buy your car (I think about that at least twice a week,,, irritated at myself).

I did email him asking for inside photos of the rollcage, etc... I told him honestly I don't know if I am truly "serious" since my wife has the ability to neuter.. umm, I mean veto any decision of mine. But ....

I am going to beg tonight... I will come home drunk and ready to put out and do it like I never done it before hoping she tells me "ok, fly out there with the checkbook and look at it!"
ocs1667
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ May 24 2011, 04:19 PM) *

if I bought it, it would make up for my huge FAILURE when I didn't buy your car (I think about that at least twice a week,,, irritated at myself).

I did email him asking for inside photos of the rollcage, etc... I told him honestly I don't know if I am truly "serious" since my wife has the ability to neuter.. umm, I mean veto any decision of mine. But ....

I am going to beg tonight... I will come home drunk and ready to put out and do it like I never done it before hoping she tells me "ok, fly out there with the checkbook and look at it!"

Evo did you get the look yet. You do know the look of which I speak.
Dirty Evo
I am wracking my brain trying to figure how to get that YES out of her !
jt914-6
QUOTE(enderw88 @ May 24 2011, 03:44 PM) *

The IMSA bumper is from AIR (American International Racing) The car comes with one for the track and one for the street...
jt914-6
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 24 2011, 06:15 PM) *

Thanks for the flowers.....Jon.... beerchug.gif driving.gif
enderw88
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 24 2011, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(enderw88 @ May 24 2011, 03:44 PM) *

The IMSA bumper is from AIR (American International Racing) The car comes with one for the track and one for the street...

Many thanks!
jt914-6
I'm going to go ahead and post the specs......Pg. 1 The tranny is freshly rebuilt.
jt914-6
page 2

Click to view attachment
jt914-6
page 3 EDIT...the latch & link belts and the OMP seats are 6 (six) point not five.

Click to view attachment
914four
I have drooled over this car for the last couple of years at the MUSRs and if there were any way I could possibly purchase this car I would. It is by far the nicest 914 I have ever seen. Maybe whoever gets this car can store it for a couple of years until I can come up with the money. happy11.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ May 24 2011, 04:19 PM) *

From personal experience, don't pass on something you really have your mind set on. I'm haunted weekly by one I missed last fall. hissyfit.gif
jt914-6
A little tease.....She looks right at home at the track right??? Note two sets of track wheels/tires...Great deal for only $2K more.....hell the yoko's cost $1K and they have four sessions on them and that was in rainy conditions...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Can't believe you are selling it, JT - you'll never be able to replace it.

Driving Pleasure trumps Creature Comforts all day long

T.C.
jt914-6
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 25 2011, 05:49 AM) *

T.C.

Come on over here and drive it home T.C....We all know you have the dough...You're right....couldn't be built for twice the asking price....I've got both creature comforts & driving pleasure in my new ride....Maybe I'll see you at Petit this year... driving.gif beerchug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 25 2011, 07:54 AM) *

T.C.

I've got both creature comforts & driving pleasure in my new ride driving.gif beerchug.gif

What did you get?
jt914-6
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 25 2011, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 25 2011, 07:54 AM) *

T.C.

I've got both creature comforts & driving pleasure in my new ride driving.gif beerchug.gif

What did you get?

I plead the fifth....... shades.gif
Dirty Evo
For those of you with experience (i have never had a car shipped) any "ballpark" ideas on what it would cost to get this car shipped from Arkansas to Sacramento, CA? enclosed. with spares ?

carr914
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ May 25 2011, 01:55 PM) *

For those of you with experience (i have never had a car shipped) any "ballpark" ideas on what it would cost to get this car shipped from Arkansas to Sacramento, CA? enclosed. with spares ?

Enclosed - probably about $1200 now that Gas peaked and is going back down
Dirty Evo
wife was PISSED. then just called me back at work and said "well, its is really nice... " and she was really nice about it...

hmmmm...

jt914-6
Dirty Evo.....I'll pick you up at the airport.....It's about 20 minutes away..... happy11.gif driving.gif beerchug.gif
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 25 2011, 01:00 PM) *

Dirty Evo.....I'll pick you up at the airport.....It's about 20 minutes away..... happy11.gif driving.gif beerchug.gif

That is a LONG drive to CALI !
PeeGreen 914
but it would be a FUN drive cheer.gif

I think the wife can be persauded poke.gif

Ever since you passed on my car I have hoped to see you in something I knew you would enjoy. piratenanner.gif
jt914-6
The car is better looking in person than any pic.....it was nominated a year ago for 914 world's car of the month....it is Miss Feburary in the Teeners on the Tail 2011 calendar....here it is doing what it likes......three of my favorite track pics....

Me and a nice race gulf scheme six at Memphis

Click to view attachment

Good bye water pumper....

Click to view attachment

Trying to lift a wheel in "The Bitch" at Hallett, Ok....

Click to view attachment
jt914-6
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ May 25 2011, 03:39 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 25 2011, 01:00 PM) *

That is a LONG drive to CALI !

I meant that if you want to come out and see/drive it....I'll pick you up and take you back...
jt914-6
Wanted to add that the car in it's two years after the build has won 2nd place in modified 6/8 at MUSR 10, 3rd place in modified 6/8 at MUSR 11, and 2nd place at my local PCA car show......and survived the tail of the dragon smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment
Dirty Evo
I am THIS CLOSE to calling you and sending you a deposit and arranging a PPI. THIS CLOSE

WE have a school function for my 4 year old daughter this afternoon, so I don't want t hash it out with my wife before that, but after that, I am going for it!
jt914-6
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ May 26 2011, 05:02 PM) *

I am THIS CLOSE to calling you and sending you a deposit and arranging a PPI. THIS CLOSE

WE have a school function for my 4 year old daughter this afternoon, so I don't want t hash it out with my wife before that, but after that, I am going for it!

Good.....I need to sell it within 45 days to get a break on the sales tax on my new car.... beerchug.gif
914four
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ May 24 2011, 03:01 PM) *

I'm selling my '74 six conversion. It is as rust free as they come. Here are the basics.

You forgot the best part... The engine!

Click to view attachment
914four
One more.Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Very reasonably priced. Look at this months Excellence for a tally sheet on what one of these beasts could cost to "do it yourself"
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 27 2011, 09:55 AM) *

Very reasonably priced. Look at this months Excellence for a tally sheet on what one of these beasts could cost to "do it yourself"

Better yet, have your wife look at it and then send a deposit beerchug.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 27 2011, 09:55 AM) *

....That's the logical way to look at it! idea.gif .......very cool ride
bye1.gif
BuddyV
Go, EVO!

I may not know ya.... but I am pullin for ya!!!!

drunk.gif

jt914-6
QUOTE(treborzerimar @ May 27 2011, 10:47 PM) *

Go, EVO!

I may not know ya.... but I am pullin for ya!!!!

drunk.gif

Me Too.... beerchug.gif driving.gif
Dirty Evo
biggrin.gif

My wife came to her senses..... piratenanner.gif
jt914-6
Sale pending....awaiting deposit..... piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
carr914
JT, you might be Happy now, but believe me, it will be a Sad Day when she leaves on the Trailer sad.gif
jt914-6
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 31 2011, 06:12 PM) *

JT, you might be Happy now, but believe me, it will be a Sad Day when she leaves on the Trailer sad.gif

TC...I'm sure you're right...I've had four teeners in the course of 36 years...including a factory six...Always wanted to build a caged car and did...Ready for a change...I would like to had a Cayman S but I have what I wanted...Booked a room and got tickets for the Petit....I'll make it a point to drop by and see/meet you....I'll be parking in the Corvette Coral.... shades.gif smoke.gif
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 31 2011, 04:12 PM) *

yes, but it will by a joyous day when she arrives on my street in that trailer!!
jt914-6
Steve's flying out here Sat. getting to see his new ride Sun. morning. More like experience his new ride Sun. morning.... driving.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif drooley.gif
Dirty Evo
i feel like a 7 year old on Christmas eve... cant sleep, flying out in the morning...
bcheney
Very cool following this purchase. Cant wait to see photos of you inside with a big smile on your face. This looks like one helluva ride!! All the best and post some video!
Cairo94507
Congratulations and best wishes. How much fun is that????
jt914-6
Going to pick up Steve in a few. He gets to see his new ride and drive it. He'll also experience what heat and humidity is like down here in the south. Heat index of over 100 today. Will take him back to the airport later this afternoon.... driving.gif
Dirty Evo
Loved it. The car. Not so in love with southern humidity though. Got to meet my first true southern belle. Holy crap. Beautiful juicy white meat. About the car its pretty awesome. Feel bad for the rest of you that didn't buy it! Probably will sell my cayman and e30 bmw race car as this car fits a perfect niche (for me) right between them. Has the power and speed of the cayman and the mid engine and "porscheness" and the raw, gritty, tough feel that me e30 gives me. With a touch of classic / nostalgia that neither my e30 or the cayman has. So probably sell both of them and get a comfy cheeapy daily driver and the 914 will be my track car / backroad burner when I need the fix. Loved the car and thank you JT for the hospitality, was a great drive and damn that car is tight. Not a squeak or rattle. Tightest car I have ever driven. Great build! Waiting at the airport now on my way home. Anybody want a 2008 cayman s? Email me!
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.