Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 5 lug cross drilled 914 front rotors.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tottestad
I need a set of front rotors for a 914. I currently have fuchs 16" wheels, so they need to be 5 lug rotors. Also I need a set that will cool better than stock. I have a fun little car with a turbo subaru motor but i cant drive it, as it my current rotors are gold and blue from heat. This car is not a race car, but a hobby that keeps me sober. I jst want to drive with the top off in california, but its currently not safe. Any help or suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks.
bdstone914
What thickness rotors do you need? Ive got quite the collection of good rotors.
tottestad
Currently, I have the 411407075 on the car. I belive they are 11mm. I have the 320i calipers. Does that help? I am willing to make modifications if needed.

Thank you

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 28 2011, 09:49 AM) *

What thickness rotors do you need? Ive got quite the collection of good rotors.

bdstone914
So you are looking for a set of 4 lug solid cross drilled rotors converted to 5 lug? Or You need a 911 front end and you just bolt on those front wheels. Either way I probably have all the parts you need. Ill go look if I have any 4 to 5 lug rotors.
tottestad
I am open to both options, but I am budget minded.

Thanks so much for your time.

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 28 2011, 09:57 AM) *

So you are looking for a set of 4 lug solid cross drilled rotors converted to 5 lug? Or You need a 911 front end and you just bolt on those front wheels. Either way I probably have all the parts you need. Ill go look if I have any 4 to 5 lug rotors.

bdstone914
is 400+ out of your budget? Thats about the cheapest you can go for a 911 front end on a 914. What are you doing for the rear of the car?
tottestad
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 28 2011, 10:16 AM) *

is 400+ out of your budget? Thats about the cheapest you can go for a 911 front end on a 914. What are you doing for the rear of the car?

400 is beyond my budget right now. was looking primarily for just the rotors. That's a great price for the front end. I assume its complte?
tottestad

I have the stock setup in the rear. drilled for 5 lug.
eric9144
If you have a fast Suby motor in there, it would be worth the $ and time for the piece of mind that the 911 front end would give you, not to mention it would be a helluva lot safer!
tottestad
QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 28 2011, 10:58 AM) *

If you have a fast Suby motor in there, it would be worth the $ and time for the piece of mind that the 911 front end would give you, not to mention it would be a helluva lot safer!

I agree. I think I may just have to keep it parked for a few. Thank you.
tottestad

I would like to take you up on your offer for the 911 front end. Do you have a photo?
tottestad
Why does it say "lurker" by my name? WTF.gif
bdstone914
Found a set of new rotors that are the ones you want. 4 to 5 lug re drilled, and cross drilled. $100 +sh

As for the 911 suspension, for 400 you would be getting 3" 911 front struts, rotors, core calipers. if you want the a arms and aluminum support it would be extra. I will be available after 6pm today to call you if that works for you. -Bruce

And it says lurker by your name because you have no posts yet in the garage. Meaning you are just someone on the board who lurks around. nothing bad.
tottestad
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 28 2011, 12:09 PM) *

Found a set of new rotors that are the ones you want. 4 to 5 lug re drilled, and cross drilled. $100 +sh

As for the 911 suspension, for 400 you would be getting 3" 911 front struts, rotors, core calipers. if you want the a arms and aluminum support it would be extra. I will be available after 6pm today to call you if that works for you. -Bruce

And it says lurker by your name because you have no posts yet in the garage. Meaning you are just someone on the board who lurks around. nothing bad.

Hi Bruce. I sent you a pm with my phone number. I work late tonight. I really want the rotors. Do you have a photo?
eric9144
@Tottestad...If you are having"issues" with the stock brakes being under engineered for the power etc you have going on, then buying stock rotors drilled to 5 lug will do nothing for your situation, in fact it could make it worse as you're likely going to put a heavier wheel tire combo on it.

Really the only option would be to go 911, but on that note, I'd probably pass on a 3" spindle set as the options for future brake upgrades are far fewer with the old spindle's caliper mount spacing. The 3" were the real early 911s, they changed later to 3.5" spacing on the caliper mounts...

You need vented rotors up front, the solids just aren't going to give you what you're looking for, IMHO, you'd be wasting your money buying a re drilled set, I'd wait until you could pick up a 911 front end or you will be in the same exact scenario with different wheels on the car.
ewdysar
agree.gif You will be better off with vented rotors and the cheapest conversion to vented can be the 911 front end. I also agree with the suggestion to go for the 3.5" spacing.
tottestad
QUOTE(ewdysar @ May 29 2011, 12:24 AM) *

agree.gif You will be better off with vented rotors and the cheapest conversion to vented can be the 911 front end. I also agree with the suggestion to go for the 3.5" spacing.

Thank you, and thank you. I think I found a 911 front setup. I realy appreciate your time and opinions. You don't think the 3" setup is enough?
eric9144
The 3" isn't 'bad'...you just have far more caliper options for future upgrades if you get a 3.5" front end...that way you can start with the calipers it came with, then upgrade later on depending on your needs, there are many 3.5" caliper setups--Boxter, mono block, big reds etc...the 3" there's really only S calipers and some brembos, both about the same size and a lot more money to do....
bdstone914
S calipers are 3.5" spacing too.
tottestad
Good morning. Thank you all again. What years are the early 3" 911? Bruce I hope the flight went well.
tottestad
While on the subject, I have a 19mm master cylinder on the car, but I've read a couple places that it might be better to run the 17mm. I have one, should I rebuild it and put it on the car, or stock with the 19mm? Thanks
a914622
Early 3" should be per 74 i think. Im running 79 with the 3.5 and 88 rotors with 993 calipers from the rear with 19mm master. Stay with the 19mm, see if you can find a 911 front end with a alum crossmember and 3.5 caliper bolt spacing. best bang for the buck.

I am also looking to add a suby turbo like you. just started a 2.2 build. Ill be taking out the chevy 302.

good luck
tottestad
I love the subaru motor. Tons of power and not to difficult to set in the car. Good luck to you as well. If I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.