Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Attack of The Trash Bag
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ne14914
I notice its starting to rain so I take a plastic garbage bag and place it in the engine compartment because I dont have a rain trough. So im telling myself, Craig - put a note in the car to remind you to remove the bag (I have that disease CRS - Cant Remember Shit) - I say to myself, no need for the note - how am i going to forget i have a plastic back in the engine compartment?

So i get off work, start the car, hop on the 105 cruisin at about 75 and all of a suddent - i smell something burning - the egine compartment is smokin, and the engine is starting to ping - it still hasnt dawned on me that i left the plastic bag in the engine compartment. So i get off the freeway pull into the gas station, lift the hood, and i see shredded bag all over the place - now im cursing myself, but i cant find the bag. So i call my wife and tell her ill be late and ill have to have the car towed home. She says "why dont you just pull the rest of the bag out of the fan" talk about feeling stupid - I said - ah, i already did, but let me check something else and ill call you back - so i pulled the bag out of the fan, drove the car home and it runs great!!

Well thats my I-D-10-T story of the week-

have a great weekend.

Craig
Lawrence
Sounds like something I'd do. smile.gif
seanery
It doesn't rain in the Inland Empire in April!
Everyone knows it stops raining in Feb or March!! tongue.gif
need4speed
Next time you put a plastic bag over your engine, take out the distributor rotor. You won't forget to look in the engine compartment next time!
ne14914
Next time you put a plastic bag over your engine, take out the distributor rotor. You won't forget to look in the engine compartment next time!

Knowing me, i'd forget I took the rotor out - and would be on the BB asking you guys why my car wont start biggrin.gif

CRS - got me bad - and dont believe the hype - that ginko stuff aint working

C ant
R ember
S hit wacko.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Your wife knew that the bag would be in the fan?
Does she have a sister? wub.gif
ne14914
Does she have a sister?  

No theres only one - and I got her! But if she keeps complaining that i am spending too much time with my nina-tina (my 914) Ill put her on e-bay - hey, maybe ill be able to do that 914-6 after all - hm...... biggrin.gif
Gint
Ill put her on e-bay

Sounds like a good idea for another auction for korijo....
Brad Roberts
My plastic bag horror story:

Friend goes into the Military, asks my friend and I take his VW bug to a car show so we can help him sell it. Very nice car. Speed yellow 67 sunroof with the bitchin Weld wheels on it fully polished with a stout 1776 running dual dell 40's. We get about 15 minutes from his house and smell something burning. WE pull over and dont see anything. Try to restart the car... its locked up.

He put a plastic bag over the engine (stand off decklid) and didnt tell us. We jumped in it and tore off down the street. Later in conversations with him (pissed off) it was ME who told him to put something over the engine (I was 17).

DOH !! I helped him rebuild the engine and sell the car.

B
Gint
it was ME who told him to put something over the engine (I was 17)

D'oh! icon8.gif
Brad Roberts
You work on/deal with enough cars... something bad is bound to happen. Luckily out of eveything I have touched or dealt with the horror stories are limited to 3-4.

If you dont go to bat, you'll never strike out (or hit a home run)

B
Gint
Oh, I'm with ya on that one. That's how I ended up in po-dunk Oregon on the side of the highway last month (among others).

Will I do it again? wacko.gif Yup.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(ginter @ Apr 19 2003, 10:02 AM)
Oh, I'm with ya on that one. That's how I ended up in po-dunk Oregon on the side of the highway last month (among others).

Will I do it again? wacko.gif Yup.

ginter, you must've been in Boring. That's the only Po-dunk area in Orygun... ok. there's a few others cool.gif laugh.gif beer.gif
bruce
Dave_Darling
Nah, I think you had it right the first time. Boring is in the only podunk area in Oregon. That's the area that starts at the CA border, and goes up to the WA border.... wink.gif (Well, almost. Portland is a little bigger than "podunk", I s'pose...)

--DD
Gint
ginter, you must've been in Boring. That's the only Po-dunk area in Orygun... ok. there's a few others    
bruce

Don't misunderstand me now. Beautiful state. But heading east on 84 once you get past Dalles, there ain't a whole lot there but cars flyin by ya as you sit on the side of the freeway.
Bruce Allert
Yup, you got that right, and, most of those car fly'n by are tourists (and they sure as hell won't stop cause they're on a mission wub.gif ), plus, in some of those areas there ain't a lot of shoulder to sit on! sad.gif

Whenever anyone goes anywhere long range to do 914 stuff (like pick up a car) we should post it and ask for phone numbers in the areas we will be in... just in case.
I thought of that after I left to go to Seattle this weekend. Didn't have Geoff's number or Chris' & Kevins, Daves.. no one. Had my sisters unsure.gif but she can't help with the 914 smash.gif if it breaks
bruce
P.s. Dave, is Boring really THAT big? beer.gif
seanery
Is it Lokar or Wescott's that's in Boring, OR?

I've got a shirt somewheres around here....hmm can't find it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.