Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the Best Adjustable Rear Coil Over Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmill
What's the best one out there for street/track?
brant
oops...
racerbvd
I would like to know as well... confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
I use Bilsteins with adjustable perches and 160 pound progressive springs. I don't know if they are the best but they seem to work for me OK. Instead of asking, "what is the best"? Maybe you should ask,"in your opinion what is the best". Because that's what you are going to get. av-943.gif Opinions. popcorn[1].gif

Hah! I just realized. This is post number 2000.
Wait a minute. I just realized, they ALL say 2000 confused24.gif laugh.gif
ewdysar
QUOTE(jmill @ May 29 2011, 12:16 PM) *

Just like the title says, what's the best one out there?

It depends. The stock coil overs aren't too bad for what they were designed for. You need to define what you're loking for. Lowered ride height? Adjustable perches? Street driving? AX? Big track? They all have different "best" answers. There is no "one size fits all" answer like your question implies.
jmill
The original title was vague. I clarified it.
Derek Seymour
I have a fun setup. Sorry pics are on my PC and I don't have them on an online photo storage site.

The threaded sleeve per usual sits on the metal clip/ring that bands around the lower portion of the shock. On top of the adjustable perch I have the stock perch with a portion of the internal ring cut out to clear the threads. This allows me to run a 180lb progressive Weltmeister spring rather than a Koni or a Von.

Is it the best? Probably not. Is it cheap and based around the spring I have always used, yep.
Michael N
I went with the rebel racing adjustables that are good for Koni or Bilsteins.

Rebel Racing

I had them set once when alignment and corner balanced and have left them set there ever since then. They have to save weight over the stock units.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

CrashDown
QUOTE(Michael N @ May 29 2011, 07:40 PM) *

Rebel Racing

I had them set once when alignment and corner balanced and have left them set there ever since then. They have to save weight over the stock units.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I've heard alot of good things about the Elephant racing sleeve and sprink kit for the adjustable perch bilstiens...... probably what I'm gonna do sometime in the future.

Also a really nice set of RsR adjustable's on ebay all the time.
jmill
QUOTE(Michael N @ May 29 2011, 09:40 PM) *

Rebel Racing

I like the Rebel Racing Kit. I even tried calling Clint a few days ago to buy it. His machine was full. WTF.gif
jim912928
I went with a rebel racing bilstein setup. They are very knowledgeable and set me up with exactly what I needed for my weight and driving style. After installing these units the ride is great!
J P Stein
Not the "best" I'm afraid but when I did the deed they were "available" back in the day.
It's a Colman set up......and the price was right (including the spring price....60 bucks a pop). These required some rework to make them fit properly. One would hope that nowdays there is a set-up that fits without the mods.

BTW, the zip ties broke. I ended up with multiple wraps of safety wire to hold the hats to the springs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.