Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need help with my djet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
70-914nut
I am so over this thing. Ive set dwell, timing everything i can but it is still running way too rich. other than a resistance check is there another way to check the pressure sensor? I have been told it can make your engine run rich if it is bad. I havent put a vacuum on it to see if it holds pressure. If it is bad will it make it seem like its bogging down under throttle increase? im stumped and frustrated to the point of taking a sledge to it! help me out here please.
JeffBowlsby
Step away from the car! Put the hammer down! wink.gif

You MUST put a vacuum pump on the pressure sensor to see if it holds vacuum, its the only way to test it. If it leaks down it will run rich, its how that sensor works. Period. Test it at 20in.hg and see how well it holds or leaks down and report back.
70-914nut
just bought a vaccuum tester ill report back shortly. Thanks
Bleyseng
also, check your CHT sensor as that will make it run rich, really rich...

A blown MPS will run it rich too and depending on how blown out the diaphram is it will effect the drivability..
70-914nut
Mps bad would not hold vac at all. Luckily i had a spare! Runs muh better, still need to fine tune my timing but it fixed most of my problems! Thanks for all of the help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.