Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 911 front brake setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tottestad
it seems ive been talked into a 911 front brake setup. What do's and dont's should I be concerned with?
tottestad
This one im considering.
jaxdream
The pic is of an very early 911 setup ( are they solid or vented rotors ?? ) . You didn't mention the year of 914 you want to convert . If you have wedge pin balljoint front end , you could just get struts , calipers , hubs ,bearings ,rotors to get bigger braking with 5 lug. You don't necessarily need the crossmemeber , a arms , just use your 914 a arms , steering rack , crossmember and tierods. " M " ( 3.0 inch caliper bolt spacing ) struts can usually be had for a little less than later ( 3.5 inch caliper bolt spacing ) and still run vented rotors . Check out some of the classic threads and restoration builds to get an idea of what others have done to convert to 5 lug / bigger brakes. Good luck ...

Jack

p.s. Welcome to the World !!!!!!
tottestad
My 914 is a 1975. I've recently put a turbo subaru motor in it, and the solid front rotors with bmw calipers are getting way hot. Thank you for the advice. Will the struts in the photo bolt up to my current setup?
jaxdream
QUOTE(tottestad @ May 30 2011, 08:23 PM) *

My 914 is a 1975. I've recently put a turbo subaru motor in it, and the solid front rotors with bmw calipers are getting way hot. Thank you for the advice. Will the struts in the photo bolt up to my current setup?

No , the setup appears to be pre 69? 911, 70 for sure .

Jack
bdstone914
Stay away from those early 911 front suspensions. I will not take them for free.
I should have either a 3 or 3.5 inch later 911 front suspension for you.
Give me a call or arrange a time to come out and look at the suspensions I have.
Bruce

QUOTE(jaxdream @ May 31 2011, 04:08 AM) *

QUOTE(tottestad @ May 30 2011, 08:23 PM) *

No , the setup appears to be pre 69? 911, 70 for sure .

Jack

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.