Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: `72 VS `74
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
I think I found a problem . When I first started this project the turn signal switch and the wiper switches where both broken off (`72), so I changed them with the ones off my parts car(`74) .Everything seemed ok they plugged right in. The only blinker that works is the left front .I`ve double checked all connections at the lights , lights all work with head lights on , brake lights work but not the turn signals. Did I do it wrong? I recall hearing these switches are not interchangable? Did I mention that every time I try the right turn signal it pops the 8 amp fuse. headbang.gif
lmcchesney
Shorts, shorts and shorts. You need to look for a short in the circuit.
Oh yea, not like your avatar.
72914S
My real question is are switches for all years the same? confused24.gif
markb
IIRC, the later switches have more connecters than the early ones. You need to be sure it's plugged in right. I just put a later switch in my 72 to add the later style washer switch and the intermittant relay, and it works fine.
72914S
Thanks I`m going to pull it apart tonight and recheck my installation. After all it was six years ago when I did that part!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.