Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The OFFICIAL 'Best Photo' Contest Photos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2
JeffBowlsby
It is not been previously clear about where to post your photos for the contest...so THIS is the OFFICIAL thread. Please post or repost your SINGLE best photos as an entry for consideration and include your name. Monday at Midnight (June 14 - Midnight) is the cut-off date for posting photos. I will then create a poll in a separate thread so everyone can vote for their Peoples Choice favorite.

We have some really awesome 914 photographers in our midst either by luck or by design. I wish we could vote for more than one because so many we've already seen are exceptional. Maybe we could make a calendar of the best?
EdwardBlume
This is my best...
Ferg
here's one of mine
double-a
@ laguna seca, ready for the victory lap.

~a
yarin
IPB Image

Tony driving at a MetroNY PCA Autocross. One of my favorite 914 action shots. wavey.gif

Canon Digital Rebel. Canon 70-200mm L
carreraguy
I just gotta enter this one.
VegasRacer
This is what the WCC was really about. No artsy picture of cars for me.

Just a couple of friends who had never met face to face before.
They traveled very long distances to be at the WCC.
They got to much sun during the day and talked late into the night.
And then they got up early again the next day and did it one more time.

(Shame on you if you didn't get a chance to talk to Jeroen and Rich.)
Carl
Here's one for Meredith. Filed under "How racers cope with public roads"
Carl
Here's one for me. "Approach to Laguna Seca"
Howard
POR$CHE rolleyes.gif
Bleyseng
Here's one out of ton of pics. Seeing DD drive his 914 with the big smile on his face the whole weekend was way cool. Now we can't joke about it anymore!
Geoff
Demick
Here's my entry

This picture is full of award winning cars.
Orange fender from the fastest improved autox car
I think the next car is the alien - winner of best 914 conversion and longest distance 914 on a trailer. (although that doesn't look like Rick in the drivers seat)
Next is Mike Oates best paint and best interior
Looks like he's followed by Carl Cilker (best original six)
followed by Bernie? (most broken down car on the drive).
Demick
and here's my panoramic shot. Doesn't look that great small, but if you have the chance, download the bigger version here below. I compressed it down to 400K so it is not as sharp as the original, but you still get the idea. View it at the full height of your monitor and pan back and forth. It is a pretty impressive scene. (P.S. The above picture is my official entry. I just loaded this shot here as a good place for people to download it).

Right Click here and Save As to save the full size panoramic to your computer
Dave_Darling
OK, I think I like this one the best of mine. The "waiting to get into the paddock" pic was close, but...

IPB Image

--DD
Martin Baker
I think this is like the cover of an issue of Panorama. My former 914, at the PRUNEYARD INN Fountain, the very first morning of the WCC...early, very early!
JeffBowlsby
Dave I wondered how you hung the camera out the passenger side window from the drivers seat to get your photo...until I realized you flipped the image...Is that what you intended...?

"914s in the Corkscrew"
Dave_Darling
Yarin, Martin--I think the idea is for WCC-specific photos.

Jeff--the only way I could take pics looking out back while driving was to use my side mirror. You can see that more explicitly in one of my other shots, but the background isn't so beautiful in that one so I didn't nominate it.

I'd like to nominate Mrs. K's avatar. Particularly if there is a high-res version of it available, and we can zoom in better on one or both lenses, and lighten them up so we can see the 914s that are reflected in them better.

--DD
Jenny
I've got some pretty good ones from the drive back from Laguna, and some before the AX on saturday, as well as some REALLY good ones at the pruneyard. You guys know who you are!! wink.gif Will try to post tonight if time permits, promise!

Jen
richardL
morning
Alison Baker
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 10 2004, 12:50 PM)
Yarin, Martin--I think the idea is for WCC-specific photos.

This photo is the Fountain at the the PruneYard, the focal point of the WCC....
Dave_Darling
Ah, sorry!

--DD
grantsfo
IPB Image
dan10101
Do we have to pick just one? smilie_flagge24.gif
Ok, I pick this one because it has more cars in it.
IPB Image

But I really like these! (sorry for the big pictures)
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
neo914-6
In the beginning there was...the prototype.

Thanks Brad, Jeff, many, many others...
Mrs. K
Here is my entry for the contest. Good luck everyone!
Lisa smilie_pokal.gif
skline
I have 2 from Laguna Seca and I cant decide which one is the best. One has about 11 or so cars in it on the track and the other has 9 clear cars but it also has a Laguna Seca identifier in it. Its a tough call. Bowlsby said only one. Then again, he also said in .tif format. The board wont take .tif format since they are about 200 times larger for the same picture. These pictures were taken with a 5 mega pixel camera. I have the originals if someone wants them for enlarging. They can be blown up very big without distortion. Here is the modified for post picture I think is the best. If you want me to post the other one, make a request and I will post it.
SLITS
Before I post an image "related to the wcc", I just want to say that the WCC meant different things to different people and the images they post are a reflection of those meanings. Hey, If a fountain does it for you - then head on.

And Scott, since my car is in the lead - use the one above biggrin.gif
skline
agree.gif I have to say, the fountain photo is nice. It has a 914 in it and yes, it does look like something you would see on the cover of a magazine. I like it.
JeffBowlsby
Post it Scott. I requested only one to keep the choices minimized, thinking we would have to vote on 50 or more frames. I can already see there are some absolutely gorgeous photos and the selection of the 'Best' will be difficult.

ADMINS: Does our polling set-up only allow 10 possible choices or can we list all choices in the poll to vote?
seanery
Toast
Im having problems with my computer. I will try (I do hope) to get my picture up befor Suday.

I have 3 pictures I'd like to use. One of 914s on the road, one of me & 914 & beach, and one of Hwy 1 on the way home.

Is there catagories? Do I post only what is related to the teeners participation in one of the WCC events?
confused24.gif
SLITS
All are resized to 640 x 480 for viewing.........

Of the many I shot, the first is dedicated "artsy" to the person that photographed EVERY car coming into Coyote.

IPB ImageNow this is the one I would enter - titled "on the way home" Hiway 1 with twisties.

IPB ImageThis one is for fun and called "Driver"

IPB ImageAnd this one called "map, anyone?"

IPB ImageThanks, I'm now done.

speedyguy
Matthew Stanton
1971 914-6 GT
(sorry 'bout the large size)
Toast
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 11 2004, 11:32 AM)
And this one called "map, anyone?"<p>IPB Image

The first "oops, we need to turn around" of the WCC.
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
skline
Ok, here is the other picture, I like it cause it shows where we were at. Only 9 cars in it though,
SirAndy
here's my entry:

Title: "i fondled her!"
Bleyseng
At the top facing front
Bleyseng
Photoshoped
Andyrew
Heres mine.. Taken spur of the moment.

IPB Image
carreraguy
Hey Matt! Welcome to the board! I sent you an email. Drop me a line!

Looks like you may be having pic posting problems - best to keep the file size under 100K.
fly
We were first timers and had a great time!
Thanks to all from
Mike and Mayha Oakes
(the gold car)
smilie_pokal.gif
ejm
Reposted from the original \"Candid pics at WCC\" thread.

it's not just the cars - it's the people....
Bleyseng
So far this has to be the best one!!! hehe Damn Ed, Monique and I didn't get a chance to meet you!

Geoff smilie_pokal.gif
Alison Baker
Ok I never took this picture.( rich 918 did , thank you Rich ).....but you all have to thank the wives for allowing the husbands,boyfriends and fiances for giving them time for working on " their 914's " ....I bet wives are glad of this ... rocking nana.gif
skline
I am thinking that you two look like you are having way too much fun. You going to tell everyone what that means that you are doing in that picture?
rick 918-S
When is the contest closing? The kids have lots of pics they talked about submitting. There still working on the video footage for their class project.

BTW: I love the engine shot Howard! I have no idea how were going to award anyone best photo! All these shots are outstanding!

Allison, The photo is a classic and it's all yours. a gift from me to you. We were all rolling on the floor laughing at you and Howard at the chinese place. Thanks for the great time!
JeffBowlsby
It closes tommorrow at midnight Rich...Let us know if you need a little more time...you've been unable to get to the comuter this last week.

Show us VideosVideosVideosVideosVideosVideosVideosVideosVideosVideos biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(skline @ Jun 13 2004, 07:08 PM)
I am thinking that you two look like you are having way too much fun. You going to tell everyone what that means that you are doing in that picture?

Did you also notice that their faces are the same color as the ale they are sucking up? drunk.gif
Britain Smith
Here are mine...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
rick 918-S
I barely had time for photos. I don't have too many good shots. But I thought I'd share these anyway.

I call this one brown grass in colour.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.