Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Can a few people post a pick of the underside of there 914 2.0L motor (particulary the exhaust). I am trying to see how much room I will have when I mount a type-IV motor in my 912. I understand that the engine will be facing the other way, but I just want to see how everything looks.

I appreciate your help.

-Britain confused24.gif
fuch toy
Talk to Tony Bray...he's BTDT.

tony.bray@peregrine.com
krk
Mike's right -- here's Tony's web page:

http://64.171.113.210/gumby/1967_porsche_912.htm

And there's more links lurking in here:

http://www.912registry.org/tech/engineswaps.htm

kim.
Brad Roberts
You walked past 150 sets of heat exchangers (you dont have the visual yet ??)

Even if we do show you pics of the underside... you will have NO reference to make any educated exhaust decisions on. Nothing remotely appears the same compared to the 912 config.

Relax. Stop digging.

B
Britain Smith
I looked at heat exchangers for 911 sitting on the shelf. I wanted to get an idea of how they look on a 2.0L motor in a 914. Just brainstorming...

-Britain

Thanks for the two links...I have seen both of them. I wanted to so something a little nicer than those stock 414 headers.
cha914
here is a pic of a 912 header made by tangerine...nicer than the 411 exchangers, but a little more expensive also:

IPB Image

Tony
Britain Smith
Yea...I have seen that picture. I am trying to get someone to post a pictures of what it looks like on a 914. Either a stock set-up or whatever. I want to get a look at the position of the fan box and stuff. That image doesn't have any of that assembled.

-Britain
Aaron Cox
hey, beggars cant be choosers! laugh.gif jk
good luck on your search and your conversion
Britain Smith
Will anyone throw me a bone here and post a pic of the underside of your motor mounted in a 914.

PLEASE...

-Britain confused24.gif
rhodyguy
"air box and stuff"? i'm confussed( usually are). do you want to go with a upright fan shroud setup or the fan housing like most 914's? do you want interior heat? try going to shoptalkforums, the "conversion perversions" forum. lots of info with regards to dif t-4 uses. i believe a fellow named joe cali has a manual dealing with t-4 issues/turning the engine around, use the search feature there re "next generation".

kevin
Anton
QUOTE(Schmuck69 @ Apr 18 2003, 10:18 PM)
I am trying to see how much room I will have when I mount a type-IV motor in my 912.

Quite frankly I don't understand the problem; in 1976 Porsche produced the 912E which has a 2.0L type 4 engine with L-jet injection. ohmy.gif Consequently, stock exhaust systems are available!

The september 2002 issue of "911 and Porsche World " covers the 912E (in a direct comparison with the 914 2.0 and 924; nice reading stuff). You can order back issues through www.chpltd.com. But, there is no pic of the engine underside in the magazine (there usually isn't wink.gif ).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.