Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temp gauges interchangeable?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeM
Hi all...I suspected my temp gauge was not reading correctly as it would get up to about 3/4 on a cool evening, so I swapped in a gauge with the large red zone. It reads much lower but it's the gauge with the large red zone and my original was the small red zone gauge. Do these 2 gauges use the same sending unit?
Looking at the Pelican site, it appears so, but thought I'd ask the folks here...
Thanks,
Mike
SUNAB914
Needs to match sensor. Just need to make sure engine cooling flaps and thermostat are working properly and you should be good to go. Good luck.
MikeM
What I have in there now is the factory sender and the large red zone gauge.
I assume the factory sender works for both style gauges???
Mike
Tom_T
QUOTE(MikeM @ Jun 7 2011, 07:01 AM) *

What I have in there now is the factory sender and the large red zone gauge.
I assume the factory sender works for both style gauges???
Mike

The OT gauge was wide band up to 73 MY, then narrow band 74-76. Your 74 should be narrow band, but at this age may need servicing - either North Hollywood Speedometer or Palo Also Speedo rebuilds them (both in CA).

It could also be the sending unit, and if changed prior it could be different, but IIRC the same sender was used throughout. If not Cap'n Krusty or someone will jump in to correct me! biggrin.gif

However, check that all of your engine tins are intact, the 2 rubber lower body air flaps at the leading edge of the engine bay underside are on there - in addition to what Sunabond said about checking that the thermostat & cooling flaps are operating properly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.