nuther...
Dave Cawdrey
SHOTGUN!!
Dave Cawdrey
Gettin' my post count up wink.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Last one beer3.gif
J P Stein
Ah, Alki......(sigh)...a misspent youth.
seanery
Looks like fun and a good turnout!
RustyWa
Dang you're fast there Dave. Here's a couple of more shots... Unfortunately one car had already left by the time I started taking photos.
RustyWa
From the front....
Dave Cawdrey
Check out the white mv in the background.. The wife's better side laugh.gif
RustyWa
HA! You know as I was previewing that photo....I did happen to notice that... biggrin.gif
tryan
first time i have a 914 with cookie cutters.

cool.gif looks like a good time.
seanery
the silver cookies actually look pretty good on a teener, huh?!
Curvie Roadlover
Looks like you guys had some fun. No yellow (fastest) cars in that group?
Bleyseng
The guy with a yellow 914 was a no show. The red car with white cookies is Zachs. The Nepal orange car/primer with black & silver cookies is mine.
Dave, I was noticing your wife is looking good for just (2 months ago) having a baby.

Yeah, the sun came out and so did the women joggers and rollerbladers. Good spot to park. Back in JP's day they used to cruz up and down Alki, burning out. Now with all the fancy condos you can't do that. But it still is a great place to watch women!
Geoff
reverie
If we'd been there, it would have been 13 914s in a row?.. a baker's dozen.

We left the house at about 8:45, looking forward to having coffee and danishes at Alki. When we got to Island Crest and 40th, the engine died and I couldn't re-start it. We pushed the car to a church parking lot, and waited for the tow truck. By the time we got home at about 9:30, we were feeling pretty down, so I made pancakes and coffee. Life goes on. We'll be at the next event, wherever and whenever it is. Thank you for posting all the pictures.. they are wonderful!
Russ K
Hey korijo,
is that your orange car?
What kind of seats are those?
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Russ K @ Apr 19 2003, 11:16 PM)
Hey korijo,
is that your orange car?
What kind of seats are those?

Nope... Dont know who's confused24.gif

Corbeau seats, tho MDB2.gif
seanery
Reverie,

It seems that happens to at least 1 guy every time, huh?!
I bet we don't hear about it as often as it happens smash.gif
Bleyseng
Atleast no one pulled a "jenny" when we drove along Alki. Lots of stares and pointing fingers though.
Yeah, there is ALWAYS one guy who no shows for some phony reason ie: the car wouldn't start, ran outta gas, flat tire, CHT puked....
Dave had the only wife/girlfriend who showed up! My chickened out at the last monment...
No one has seen Roger's yellow car yet or even seen pics so I have to put him in the "wanna be club" with Kevin, Korijo, DD and the list goes on......
Geoff
street legal go-kart
good morning all
cant find those seats on line dave.
are they a recent purchase ?
i didnt see a car with rivereas
i guess i should change to the early 2.0 wheel before i embarase my self
i love seeing so many cars still on the road
im lucky if i see a porsche a week
although i did play chase with a lady in her 60's on the way home on fri nite in a 69 911s
she was driving!!
jt driving.gif
rhodyguy
that stinking list is longer than most would imagine or admit to being on. i'm going to start tracking the "car won't start when hot", "where's my first gear?", "ran great til i tuned it up" etc.

kevin
Brad Roberts
HOLY COW Geoff...

Great turnout for your first breakfast (with 914 people)

How many where from the 914lcub BBS ???

Damn.. wish I could have made it. I spent all day finishing up Julius and delivering it.

B
rhodyguy
brad, i know you asked geoff. between the 914 and 911 folks prob 25 to 30 people. 12 cars were in my pictures but a few had already left due to prior commitments. good exchange of info. by the sounds of alot of the talk, i wish i had the megasquirt franchise. kudos to geoff on a job well done.

kevin
Bleyseng
Here is a shot of everyone in the bakery, twenty something people.
Geoff
Bleyseng
a crappy family shot
Bleyseng
Nice hat Dave! mueba.gif
Brad Roberts
He better not be FRENCH..LOL

B
seanery
It looks like you guys OWNED the place!

I bet they were happy you showed up!
Bleyseng
We did own the place!
It was empty when I showed up cuz the weather wasn't all that great.
Worked out pretty well all in all. Joe filmed the event and needs someplace to post the video if that can be done. I saw the basic footage this morning at Dim sum with him.
Geoff
scottb
let's auction daves hat!

i bid $10...... mueba.gif
ChrisReale
You should have seen Dave's son Keone pimpin' this little girl. She was totally into him, but he was more interested in the 914club sticker. Dave told him to blow her a kiss when she and her mom left, but Keone didn't give her the pleasure!
Bruce Allert
Geoff, your family picture is great, it's not crappy. You caught all of them (at that moment) being happy. Not only did you catch the moment but you caught (in focus) the person that is holding up under all that is going on in HER family with a smile. So far, it IS the best picture yet.
Kori Jo... you hang in there Girl. You are the "rock" of the family. I am glad I finally met you and Dave and had a chance to talk to you guys. I'll be checking on what we discussed at the table.
bruce
Bleyseng
You got her to talk to you! Boy she doesn't say much when I am around, but she seems pretty damn nice.
Geoff
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 20 2003, 09:02 PM)
You got her to talk to you! Boy she doesn't say much when I am around, but she seems pretty damn nice.
Geoff

That was after a nights rest. She is tired most of the time, so not much chit chat around dinner time.
Its not ALL my fault tongue.gif
Bruce Allert
Yes, she is very nice and has a good head on her shoulders. She's got 3 to take care of and seems to be doing a grand job. There's alot of paper work involved with all that is happening. Like I mentioned to Kori Jo, I went thru the same thing with my late wife. You just need to stay focused and you need someone to talk to... someone that will listen.
bruce smile.gif
914werke
Yeah, there is ALWAYS one guy who no shows for some phony reason.
No one has seen Roger's yellow car yet or even seen pics so I have to put him in the "wanna be club" with Kevin, Korijo, DD and the list goes on......
Geoff

Hey..I resemble that remark wink.gif
Right On Geoff aktion035.gif I wish I coulda been there. We returned from Orlando later that day.
Got a wicked sunburn from spending the previous day at Disneys Typhoon Lagoon wub.gif
In my own defense I did offer my car to a bud if he'd represent.. but he declined sad.gif

Rich
Greg
Too Cool, what a great turn-out! I'd have been there but I was out of town (that's my excuse and I'm stick'n to it).
Was there any talk about making this a monthly event?
Kudo's to Geoff for getting all those NW914's out of their moss covered yurts!
seanery
are there yurts in seattle?

I've heard of them in central ca.

it takes a different kind of person to live in a yurt!
Greg
There are yurts in the Pacific North West. There are proly about as many yurts as there are running 914's out here. laugh.gif
I was just poking fun at our "moss covered everything" stereotype.
I was also trying to get my posting count up too.
Dave Cawdrey
Whats a yurt? confused24.gif
seanery
I don't know of a better way to describe them, other than kind of like a teepee.

Here's one, but there are lots on the web:
YURT
Bleyseng
Yeah there are some Yurts and tee pees, the hippies in Fremont put them up in their yards in the summer.

Yes, the plan is to have a breakfast/lunch every month. Any ideas for the next meet? Some have said the Redhook brewery in Woodinville. I am looking at the May 17th as a date. Have to work around the AX schedule and Moms day. Some guys are pushing for further south of Seattle, but I don't know where.
Geoff flag.gif
Bleyseng
more pics
Bleyseng
Eric's sweet Palma Green Metallic car. If that color doesn't get your heart thumpin....somethings wrong! Note the 911's already parked.
Bleyseng
Seattle shot
Curvie Roadlover
Beautiful, and I love the late model bumpers!!! aktion035.gif
Bleyseng
The blue car had a cheap paint job on it but still looked pretty damn good compared to my 3 tone car.
Geoff
DNHunt
Just wanted to say thanks Geoff for getting the breakfast up. I enjoyed meeting all the people and I'm looking forward to more opportunities. Thanks

Dave
seanery
Eric's car is making me consider painting the race car that color.

I'm considering Alaska blue (original color)
White
Palma Green Metalic

Any opinions?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.