B
Jeroen
Ooops... my bad
On the page you get from the link, click "Hansi"
That'll take you to the green 914/boxster

cheers,

Jeroen
Part Pricer
The 914/Boxster is listed at: http://www.914freunde.de/914freunde/Oberba...ayern/Hansi.htm

That thing has some big brakes on the front

IPB Image

Here's a closer view of the side intakes

IPB Image
Aaron Cox
rally lights! laugh.gif hehe look pretty dopy and dim! what are they powered by- a 55 watt alternator? candles? biggrin.gif hehe our german brothers are pioneers-
sechszylinder
aloha,

I'm a little bit in doubt that this particular car has really a boxster power plant in it. Toni told me that the car has a carrera 2.7 engine with a boxster exhaust installed. Even without a boxster engine, that car looks damn good ...

bye ...

Benno
Mueller
I too doubt it is running a Boxster drivetrain. The Boxster muffler is too big to run it with the Boxster transmission in the original location.

Even if you move the engine/tranny forward, it will be very close.

I'd be willing to bet, that the muffler has been significantly modified to fit in that location.
jonwatts
Still looks kewel tho. That may be the best application of side vents I've seen on a 914.
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Apr 25 2003, 10:23 AM)
rally lights! laugh.gif hehe look pretty dopy and dim! what are they powered by- a 55 watt alternator? candles? biggrin.gif hehe our german brothers are pioneers-

i had those on my bug. believe me, they ARE bright. kinda yellow glow to them, but even with a relay (would anyone try to run them without?) when you switch them on, the whole electrical system cuts out for about a 1/4 of a second, them comes back on. they draw some serious amps ...

Andy
airsix
I was surprised at how good the car looks without front flares. First car I've seen with GT flares in back and stock up front. Not bad looking.

-Ben M.
boxstr
Notice the power window switches, also the ignition is on the left side and the wiper or turn signal lever looks 911.
Front brakes look like Boxster brakes, with drilled rotors.Definitely SCHWEET...
CCLINSUNNYCAMP914
SirAndy
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 25 2003, 11:29 AM)
also the ignition is on the left side and the wiper or turn signal lever looks 911.

that would make it a original /6 ...
Aaron Cox
what are the dual bumperplugs for? i thought all were sold w/ 1 on the left side?
Mueller
Andy,

I have seen conversions with the key on the "correct" side.

That is something I'd like to do to my /4.

Maybe they added the extra bumper plug for symmetry.

Anyone know if that green is a Porsche color?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 25 2003, 01:30 PM)
I have seen conversions with the key on the "correct" side.

yes, but would you also switch to the early 911 (actually probably a 912) steering-column ? plus, as brad pointed out, the ignition switch in a original /6 is at a slight angle, on a /4 conversion it would not be. as you can see in the pic, the switch is in an angle ...

anyways, i think it's a original /6 which makes it even more unlikeley someone would cut it up to put a boxster engine in it ...

Andy
jonwatts
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2003, 03:23 PM)
anyways, i think it's a original /6 which makes it even more unlikeley someone would cut it up to put a boxster engine in it ...

Even this one?

IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Apr 25 2003, 04:37 PM)
Even this one?

yepp, even this one cool.gif
SirAndy
btw. jon, you better get used to the rusty exterior. after that rainstorm and hail we just drove through, it looks like i wasn't kidding when i said your car looks like a swimming-pool laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.